• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Where Would I Be.

I tried to get down to Forge Pool only yesterday as I have many happy memories of fishing down there as a teenager. It is totally enclosed by fences and thick gorse and although I could see a small section of it, it looks like it is half of its size as I remembered it. Shame really!

Clue 1
It had the name of a footballer who played for a local team.

Clue 2
It's a few years ago,this player was so popular with the fans when he was dropped from the side a lot of the fans boycotted some games.Get his name and you will the place

Good answer though Graham, a superb non-league player, started as a defender, became a prolific centre forward, happy memories.

Good answer though Graham, a superb non-league player, started as a defender, became a prolific centre forward, happy memories.
I used to hate him, as a Wittoner, I remember Alan Coppack having him in his pocket one evening at the Drill Field.
GE

Here is one just for you GE.
In a game on the Drill Field a good friend of mine was refereeing, Paul Dobell scored a goal by jumping with his hands on the back of a team mate(can.t remember who)Harry disallowed the goal why.

Harry Vickers - Cheshire's finest ever referee (after Toddy). Paul Dobell will have gained an unfair advantage by using his teammate to lever himself up. It's the same as using an opponent.
Same as if two teammates decide to punch each other - they should both be sent off.
GE

Spot on GE..
Clue 3
This place is now used by children now.

Harry Vickers - Cheshire's finest ever referee (after Toddy). Paul Dobell will have gained an unfair advantage by using his teammate to lever himself up. It's the same as using an opponent.
Same as if two teammates decide to punch each other - they should both be sent off.
GE
I seem to remember Vics playing at Droylesdon in a cup match and Chris Duffy and Dean Greygoose exchanging blows and both got yellow cards but didn't get sent off. (I think Deano did for a second yellow later in the game) Same game as Steve Walters had to be restrained from going into the crowd to sort out James Wood after the game finished. And it got rid of that useless manager we had. Quite an eventful game

Back