• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Wembley FC

Sorry but no.

The whole story is a load of crap. Why does a UK non-league club need a trademark in the US/EU/China/Russia? Why would they use those trademarks to block the FA registering theirs? Why did they not object when the FA applied to cancel their EU trademark? Why are they potentially 'going to the wall' when the judgement against them was capped at 1,000 euros?

This is the same club that tried to make a mockery of the FA cup by sacking off their normal team to bring in a load of ex-premier league has-beens for sponsorship.

Zero sympathy here.

Yes there's more to this than I and probably everyone thought at the beginning. Wembley FC have been doing some strange things and not in the spirit of the game. No wonder the FA are upset.

Not like me to be on their side.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good 'story'...... don't always believe what you read.....

Where's the other news, I can't find anything else.

Where's the other news, I can't find anything else.
Because non of the news outlets seem to want to correct themselves. Funny that.

The EU mark is here:
https://euipo.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/trademarks/010625812

They didn't object to the FA cancelling their trademark:
upload_2017-12-26_0-9-19.png
They have FIXED the costs at €1k
upload_2017-12-26_0-10-2.png
Oh, and that appeal their chairman said they can't afford? They seem to have filed it anyway.
upload_2017-12-26_0-19-28.png

Having looked at what they have protected, I'm not sure they even have a sports club covered! They're fine if they want to sell Wembley soap to Croatia though.
upload_2017-12-26_0-7-16.png

They have exactly the same classes in the US, Russia and China. According the to the FA, in China they have blocked the FA from registering Wembley Stadium as a trademark.

Last edited:
Back