• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

We will remember them for one day

Disgraceful Tony, your feelings are being echo'd on The Guardian website.
The closest I ever got to serving was the Cadet Force, but I remember them everyday. The sacrifice over the generations will never be forgotten, we are lucky to have had and still have brave men and women like yourself who have served. Help for Hero's and The Invictus Games bring rememberance day to us at other times of the year.
I salute the fallen brave, all the ex-servicemen and women and all those still serving. Without whom we would live in a very different world.

Reactions: Tez
It's now come to light that funds were raised for the renovation early 2017 and were due to finish well before this year's service. For that work to be delayed this long and for them to then think it's ok to carry out work 24 hours after Remembrance Sunday when their deadline now is late 2018 is an absolutely disgraceful act of disrespect!

Thanks to the Kenny at Northwich Guardian, the Northwich Town Council have now backtracked. They've dug up the paving to the soil, removed the fencing and returned the wreaths, although it looks like they've been carted about in the back of a dirt truck. Some filthy and others damaged.
I'm sure there was no Malice intended just a huge lack of forethought, judgement without thinking of potential consequences.

20171114_095626.jpg
20171114_104457.jpg 20171114_104528.jpg

Last edited:
Northwich Guardian are following this up with an article in this week's edition.
If anyone wants to air their view and opinion contact details are below

Speak to Kenny Lomas on
Tel 01606 813624
Or
Email [email protected]

Back