• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

WDC today

Blackie

Too much time on my hands
Aug 5, 2013
A big well done today. Wasn’t the flowing footy we saw tues but a combination of the pitch getting very bumpy now and west dids plan of niggly fouls to break up any play saw to that! An early yellow from the ref would have to a stop to these but he didn’t find his card till second half!
One big difference from last season is the way the team keeps going even when things aren’t coming off like today and that’s a big thanks to the management team for getting them in the right mind set for this.
3 points in the bag when you’ve not really hit top gear is always a plus. :D
Everyone looks like they are really having fun at the moment, long may it continue.

On to tues and hopefully progression in a cup I’d love to see in the cabinet (have we got a cabinet?)
:scarf::scarf::scarf:

Not the prettiest of wins but it'll do. WD&C look a shadow of the team we faced in the FA Cup in the early part of the season and today they have to be one of the whiniest teams we have faced to date, but i'm glad the ref didn't cave in or buckle.

Top of the form table and we need to carry this on in the league. Solid all round performance without any real standout performers in my mind.

Thought it was a very poor game and we were just slightly better than them and so deserved the 3 points, it is good to see us trying to play with the ball on the floor a lot more this season

Top of the form table and we need to carry this on in the league.
We are going to need some form!.
From the end of nov and into Dec we play both Runcorn sides away (1st and 3rd), Hanley home (2nd), Padiham away (6th) and Charnock Richard home (4th)!
Doddle!! o_O.

A deserved scruffy win today. Agreed with MoM Scotty, no real other outstanding player.

They had two good chances which one hit the post. This made it a bit nervy towards the end, but a win is a win.

Interestingly we are still on the NWCL tweet for the relegation zone, even though we are only 8 points behind 6th with 6 games in hand. We are also top of the form table!!

See everyone Tuesday

We also hit the post - and what a shot by Adam! It is the first time I remember the opposition hitting the woodwork this season - and how many have we had?

A deserved scruffy win today. Agreed with MoM Scotty, no real other outstanding player.

They had two good chances which one hit the post. This made it a bit nervy towards the end, but a win is a win.

Interestingly we are still on the NWCL tweet for the relegation zone, even though we are only 8 points behind 6th with 6 games in hand. We are also top of the form table!!

See everyone Tuesday
Mid table at besto_O

Good win against a side who came to hold our attack and try to catch us on the counter.

Scotty was brilliant today, we could of won by a bigger margin but it wasn’t meant to be!

See everyone tuesday:scarf:

Not the prettiest of games, but we still looked the better side and could've had more than just the one goal. West were a complete shadow of the side they were in our cup games against them at the start of the season, but still made it difficult for us with the scrappy play throughout the game, but given the shaky nature of the back line, we were always going to punch through and get a goal.

A good 3 points on the board. Not the best of games - agreed! Good work rate from players which is fabulous. It just shows the commitment from them all.
West Didsbury &Chorlton marked is well and didn’t leave much room so it was hard to create. We opened them up more in the 2nd half and engineered some fabulous counter attacks.
The form table speaks for itself. Hopefully we can add another 6 wins to that and sit near the top of the table

Didnt play our best but stuck at it,Could have had a couple more goals,
Im convinced we will be in the top 3 at the end of the season:scarf:

Your upcoming runnof games is crucial, we were discussing it with a few of your guys on Twitter last night. If I’m right your playing 5 of the top 6 or something like that?

With the top 4 all in such strong shape, along with Ashton Athletic, how many points do you feel you need to take from this run of games? Win them all and it sets you up nicely, but drop points in say 2 or 3 games and suddenly your left a long way behind considering the amount of points you’ve already dropped. It’s going to be interesting to see how it unfolds!

Same for us as well. We play Ashton Athletic on Saturday who are in almost unstoppable form in the league, followed by Bootle, then 1874, Padiham, Barnton and Runcorn Town!

If playing 5 of the top 6 i dont think 10 or 12 points would be a bad return.
Some strange results this year.Im glad nobody is running away with the league this season.
Hanley and Linnets are my 2 favourites for the league with ourselves if we can get on a long unbeaten run going close.

Your upcoming runnof games is crucial, we were discussing it with a few of your guys on Twitter last night. If I’m right your playing 5 of the top 6 or something like that?

With the top 4 all in such strong shape, along with Ashton Athletic, how many points do you feel you need to take from this run of games? Win them all and it sets you up nicely, but drop points in say 2 or 3 games and suddenly your left a long way behind considering the amount of points you’ve already dropped. It’s going to be interesting to see how it unfolds!

Same for us as well. We play Ashton Athletic on Saturday who are in almost unstoppable form in the league, followed by Bootle, then 1874, Padiham, Barnton and Runcorn Town!

The table could look very different at the end of December.

Linnets and 1874 have a tough run of games, crucial to get points, especially for ourselves who are playing catch-up. But the confidence both teams can take out of getting results from their upcoming fixtures is also important.

The problem we have in this run of games will be unavailability. I’m not sure if you’ve heard or not but we have a slight disciplinary issue going on at the minute o_O!

Our team yesterday was bundled together with tape and bits of string! Lots of the lads had to play injured and we had to sign two players on Saturday morning to put a starting 11 out, one of them was a goalkeeper. It should be starting to clear up a bit in a couple of games time providing we don’t get any more suspensions!

But I suppose these things are sent to try you and you just have to get on with it!

The problem we have in this run of games will be unavailability. I’m not sure if you’ve heard or not but we have a slight disciplinary issue going on at the minute o_O!

Our team yesterday was bundled together with tape and bits of string! Lots of the lads had to play injured and we had to sign two players on Saturday morning to put a starting 11 out, one of them was a goalkeeper. It should be starting to clear up a bit in a couple of games time providing we don’t get any more suspensions!

But I suppose these things are sent to try you and you just have to get on with it!

Bundled with Tape and String and still beat “them”.

Every team has periods of unavailability - we’ve already had one this year! If you can string together scrappy wins in those periods does a lot for confidence too.

Our period of unavailablility has turned in to a headache for the management - players return but there’s no way back in to the first team!

There was a gang that stayed together so counting them and assuming there was some others dotted around I would say 40ish. They were great to be honest, really nice people. I found it quite sad to be watching the bottom of the fall from grace of one of the former power houses of non-league football. Vics should never have been anywhere near our league.

Unless you have seen them since Wilksey took over your going to be surprised when you play them. They have a good side and are very good going forward, got some good players up there. They weren’t great at the back yesterday but he will definitely shore the defence up as well.

I was really worried about the game considering our depleted squad and them winning 5 on the bounce, but we were ruthless when given a sniff of goal and put ourselves in a winning position early on.

Ste, without getting into too much "politics" you wouldn't believe how many of us were so sad when we beat them last year in the Cheshire Cup. When I say sad it was the demise of our former club that hit us hard. Sure we were glad to win but to think "our" previous club had come as low as this was a sad feeling.

They have obviously been revitalised under Steve Wilkes but the ethics of how it is being achieved is still grating on our following. Fan run, I don't think so. Well maybe they are fans or rather he is.
To our forum followers please don't turn this thread into a Vics thread, there is already one. I'm just trying to explain our feelings to Steve.

Reactions: Tez
Back