• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

VEO Camera

Trevor

Legend
Aug 7, 2013
I don’t know about anyone else but I am hugely disappointed with this new VEO camera , I watched the first few games fully but found it hard to watch , it is like watching the game from someone’s bedroom window because of the no zoom feature. I missed the goal yesterday because I was doing my bit to help the club by leaving early because it happens a lot when we score after I leave. Because I watched the rest of the game I only wanted to watch the last 5-10 minutes as I obviously missed the goal. Only to find the camera missed the goal too ??.The other thing that was really poor was half the pitch was ok but then the half towards the entrance was dark brown and very hard to see even if the camera hadn’t completely missed the goal it would of been hard to see. I wish we could go back to the old camera and I would go back to editing it again because with zoom and match details it was a far better way to watch it, also we would miss the boring bits . I don’t know if it’s possible but this VEO doesn’t seem worth the money spent.

I don’t know about anyone else but I am hugely disappointed with this new VEO camera , I watched the first few games fully but found it hard to watch , it is like watching the game from someone’s bedroom window because of the no zoom feature. I missed the goal yesterday because I was doing my bit to help the club by leaving early because it happens a lot when we score after I leave. Because I watched the rest of the game I only wanted to watch the last 5-10 minutes as I obviously missed the goal. Only to find the camera missed the goal too ??.The other thing that was really poor was half the pitch was ok but then the half towards the entrance was dark brown and very hard to see even if the camera hadn’t completely missed the goal it would of been hard to see. I wish we could go back to the old camera and I would go back to editing it again because with zoom and match details it was a far better way to watch it, also we would miss the boring bits . I don’t know if it’s possible but this VEO doesn’t seem worth the money spent.
I've been enjoying being able to watch the replays of games, could.t attend Saturdays game due to ill health. I followed the tweets and was delighted when we managed a 1:0 win, so I sat down to watch it last night. I like to watch the ball play so I'd prefer it wasn't edited. Anyway it turned out to be a scrappy game but the VEO camera went from bad to worse especially in the second half, whiring and clunking noises and as Trevor says, green at one end and brown at the other Then totally missed the highlight of the game, the goal. I feel the system has got worse over time and VEO should put it right. I've replied to 1874 about the fault.

I am aware of issues with the camera and will contact VEO to find a solution.
It would appear that there may be an issue with one of the cameras on the system, resulting in one half of the video being a different shade tan the other. Especially under lights.
It is however proving to be a very valuable tool for the management and whilst the end video is important, the additional information that Wayne and Paul can gain from the system is proving worthwhile.
Hopefully we will shortly see improvements.

I thought the main reason for buying the kit was to enable the management to study the results and learn from them. Hopefully this is being achieved. Access for fans was a great supplementary idea to raise money and enable those who were not able to be there to have a chance to catch up. For me to get this level of visibility for twenty quid is a bargain. OK there may be a few teething troubles which hopefully do not detract from the prime task and can be sorted, but I love it as for one reason or another I can't get to games this season.
I even found it fun when the ball disappeared and reappeared in the other half. Stick with it 74.

I am aware of issues with the camera and will contact VEO to find a solution.
It would appear that there may be an issue with one of the cameras on the system, resulting in one half of the video being a different shade tan the other. Especially under lights.
It is however proving to be a very valuable tool for the management and whilst the end video is important, the additional information that Wayne and Paul can gain from the system is proving worthwhile.
Hopefully we will shortly see improvements.
Steve, I'm not trying to be awkward and I'm pleased that it is of use to the management team and can clearly see why. All I'm trying to say is if the system is not operating correctly then VEO should correct it, as I have noticed a marked deterioration of the system over time.

I did notice just before KO that the green head/camera was waving around in the blustery conditions on Saturday.
This can’t be good for recordings?
A high bracket from the tower fixed to the tripod could solve this in future.

I thought the main reason for buying the kit was to enable the management to study the results and learn from them. Hopefully this is being achieved. Access for fans was a great supplementary idea to raise money and enable those who were not able to be there to have a chance to catch up. For me to get this level of visibility for twenty quid is a bargain. OK there may be a few teething troubles which hopefully do not detract from the prime task and can be sorted, but I love it as for one reason or another I can't get to games this season.
I even found it fun when the ball disappeared and reappeared in the other half. Stick with it 74.

Steve, I'm not trying to be awkward and I'm pleased that it is of use to the management team and can clearly see why. All I'm trying to say is if the system is not operating correctly then VEO should correct it, as I have noticed a marked deterioration of the system over time.
I agree that the overriding aim must be for the Management team to extract sufficient value from the footage. If that is indeed the case, occasionally frustrating as it is from afar, then the system Is achieving its aim. If however the information gleaned isn’t of the quality Wayne and Paul had hoped, then the supplier needs to try and address the issue and work with us as a club to improve the situation, after all the ‘74 has invested good money in its system.
More than happy to be seeing any footage I wouldn’t normally have the opportunity to view, but on the flip side the club needs to have value for its money. ???

Totally agree. Happy to have paid £20 to get footage of games relayed to me down here, even if I don't get chance to watch them all.
But if there are aspects of the equipment's performance which don't come up to scratch I would expect the company to come up with a cure - it's gone beyond its running-in period and clearly needs a bit of expert tweaking.

Thanks for the update, i’m sure the problem will be resolved.?

Back