Vauxhall Motors 4/1/22

• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

richard webb

I Live Here
Aug 7, 2013
Assuming nothing has changed since we should have played them here is the info you may need for tomorrow night's game.

ClubVauxhall Motors
Game DateTuesday 4th January
Game time19.45
Ground addressRivacre Road, Ellesmere Port, CH66 1NJ
Home coloursWhite Shirts, Navy shorts & socks
DirectionsM56 to m53 J7. Take first exit B5132 Netherpool Road. Cross one roundabout and 0.1m later turn right, still on B5132 Rivacre Road. Arrive at ground LHS after one mile. (Approx 25 miles, 40 minutes)
Parking facilitiesFree parking at ground
Railway stationHooton is 1.7miles.
BusThere are no local bus services. Nearest is about 1m.
Admission PricesAdult £5, Concessions (65+ yrs old, unemployed and students) £3, Children (U16) Free
Programme price£2.00
Disabled access and toiletsProvided
CarersCarers for disabled fans are allowed in free.
Food at groundFood at bar
Drinks at groundBottled and keg in clubhouse
Are dogs allowedGuide dogs only.
Local pubsChimneys at Hooton (may be closed) Half Way House and the White Lion, both in Childer Thornton are probably the closest in CAMRA info Pub Guide - Chester & South Clwyd CAMRA.
James Wood recommends the Bunbury Arms in Stoak as the best localish pub – CH2 4HW, close to Cheshire Oaks. https://www.bunburyarms.co.uk/
Local places of interestBlue Planet Aquarium, National Waterways Museum, Chester Zoo or if you are brave you could let the partner off at Cheshire Oaks!
AcknowledgementsCAMRA, James Wood.

Edge

Administrator
Forum Staff
Jun 24, 2013
Northwich
A last minute equaliser from Vauxhall you the tire to penalties.
And we lost 6-5 after 9 pens each

Briswa

Legend
Aug 9, 2015
Was in two minds whether to go tonight. Wish I hadn’t bothered. Second half performance was terrible. As for the standard of the penalties no words.
Can’t bring myself to make any more comments.

archie

Legend
Sep 16, 2013
A last minute equaliser from Vauxhall you the tire to penalties.
And we lost 6-5 after 9 pens each
With the Vauxhall goalkeeper failing to keep a part of his foot behind the line for any of them ! In some cases, he must have been a couple of yards in front of the line when the kick was taken. Was the ref watching or did he rely on the linesperson to check ? He certainly received numerous comments on the legality of the keepers actions but did not seem interested in ordering any retakes. Having said that, 1874 were much the better side and did not create the chances that their approach play merited. Perhaps the players were affected by the cold, as were most of the speccies.

Jack Owen

Too much time on my hands
Aug 4, 2013
Doesn’t really feel like a loss after being unchallenged and in control for the large majority of the game.

But there is always that risk at 1-0 that you’ll get punished and thats exactly what happened.

And penalties, well they’re a lottery aren’t they?

On to Bootle, 74 👊

pdw

Jul 28, 2013
There was more interest in our bobble hats than the game which we really should have won easily but we became complacent in the second half and created virtually nothing and paid the price, hopefully we get a good performance on saturday.
See you there.

• Haha
Reactions: simon barton

Frank Fallows

Aug 4, 2013
There was more interest in our bobble hats than the game which we really should have won easily but we became complacent in the second half and created virtually nothing and paid the price, hopefully we get a good performance on saturday.
See you there.

Alan Riding

I Live Here
Jul 31, 2013
After some promise in the first half and although having at least 80% of the possession up to the 70th minute we went to sleep! Why with a 1-0 lead we decided to sit back in our own half was beyond me and against definitely lesser opposition. We could all see the injury time goal coming.

Poor Tony didn't have a shot to save until their goal and actually didn't touch the ball in the second half until 20 mins from the end from back passes. Did really well with the penalties also on a freezing night.

Best forgotten! See everyone Saturday.

Chubbs

Jul 30, 2013
Interesting score in the other game in CSC game tonight, Winsford losing at home 5-0 to Linnets after they beat Skem on Monday.
Cup games eh?