• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Two things

barnton green

Legend
Jul 27, 2013
Ok here are two things that came to me while reading the forum the other day.

Someone mentioned publicity at events during the summer (Steve?) which then got lost in all the other posts.
It feels quite naturally like everyone is getting ready for a rest after the exertions of the season but this is a great time to push the club to the general public with fetes, festival, carnivals etc happening every weekend. How about making a list of those willing to give up some time during the summer and what events are coming up and going for it. Worth investing in some small freebies for the kids and handouts for the parents I would have thought.
We have some excellent arm twisters who could get people to sign up to help at least once during the summer and the end of year bash seems like a great opportunity. Any bunting around?
They might even drag me up from London to lend a hand.

Also someone mentioned that they gave their old football shirt to a charity which sends them out to other countries. What a great idea.
Couldn't we link up with such a charity and have a bring a shirt game where fans donate their old footy shirts? - a bit like the food collection match.
I bet people have got loads at home that they don't want to throw away but would donate to a good cause and think of the publicity we could generate!

Anyway, just a couple of thoughts.

I've a few more shirts BG that I'm itching to get rid of!!! :D Great suggestion

http://kitaid.net/ is one of a few that popped up on a quick search, but southern based.

I like the big push idea - a stall at the artisan market maybe?
We'd need a small a5 leaflet explaining who we are & what our aims are.
We could even give free season tickets to youngsters - which won't cost anything other than printing costs.

The idea of a stall at markets and fetes was raised a year or so ago but never got off the ground. It was a good idea then too. Probably needs to get the arm-twisters from above into action.

Guys,
everything that has been mentioned has been or is being looked at. An exhibition stand is being produced, ideas for school fetes, village fetes etc are being formulated. Hand outs and comp tickets are all on the agenda.
But!!!
I also have a business to run and only so many hours in the day. I am looking for volunteers to help me.
If you can help, or have ideas dm me, in that way I can guarantee that I won't miss anything.
I promise, I will respond
Thanks
Steve

Back