• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Trafford Home

First game I've seen for a few weeks & a very comfortable win.
Taylor didn't look out of place at full-back & Matty Fenton looks more than decent.

Kenzie was a threat throughout but held on to the ball for too long a few times. Not the only one that did that though.
And Jack Irlam was everywhere. helping out in midfield, covering in front of the back 4 & getting up to support Jamie.

I would agree it was a great afternoon, well done to the lads a decent home performance.
Let's hope for a decent crowd next week against drayton and hope everybody attends the race night to generate some much needed funds.
COYG

Very enjoyable afternoon in the sun and 3 good points
dominated throughout and really should have scored 4 or 5
just checking the NPL table and great to see the Swamp monsters still in deep xxxx

1st goal with two penalties denied.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And Cal round things off

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Our first double of the season as well & I forgot to mention how good Sam Hare was.
His delivery from set-pieces was outstanding

After all the good words about today I note the reference to next week above. I am delighted that I am able to be there after a break of two years and the pesky weather ruling me out a few weeks ago at Newcastle.
So while it may seem like an end of season affair for some, for me it will be the game of the season. Some may prefer to wait for Qatar v Ecuador but not me. 74 v Market Drayton has it all and hopefully more goals than 1-0 on my last visit. I do hope that everyone will turn up to add to the atmosphere .See you there.

Really enjoyed the two games against Trafford. Eight goals scored against them.
Thoroughly deserved win today and probably should have scored more with a bit of luck. The whole team played really well from start to finish. Jamie Reed my man of the match but agree Irlam had an excellent game too.
A pleasure to watch today.

A great choice of man of the match from me! Jack Irlam who was everywhere and wanted the win so much. Though Jamie Reed was a close second. But everyone, please do not forget Big T's save in the first half or Taylor's solid display at full back. I could go on!

A thoroughly entertaining game with the right result. Some of the attacking play was brilliant and at last our corners and free kicks are hurting teams.

Really looking forward to next week now and the Race Night. See everyone there!

Thought we were very impressive yesterday. Every single player on that pitch was terrific and put in a shift. We were totally dominant and could have won the game by a few more goals.

As comprehensive and as good a win as we’ve seen at home all season. That’s now 10 points from 12 - a great run of form exactly when we needed it. With two games now to come against the league’s bottom two, there’s a great chance for us to move right up that table into solid mid-table, potentially hitting 50 points.

Now that would be a great effort in our first season. COYG ???

Thought that we were brilliant yesterday and was easily our best 90 minute performance at home this season, I have no idea though how it wasn't more than 3-0 as we should have been at least 5 up by half time! I agree that Jack Irlam was very good in the number 10 position (a position that I do think we probably need to strengthen after losing the top quality of Jake Parker and Arron Smith) and showed that he can definitely do a job in that position, Taylor was also very good at left back yesterday though we really need to bring in a left back so that we can put him back on the wing where he's clearly more comfortable and at his best

Hopefully we can pick up a few more wins before the end of the season and that will be an excellent first season at this level and something to gradually build on so we can get closer to the top 10 teams in this league

Thought that we were brilliant yesterday and was easily our best 90 minute performance at home this season, I have no idea though how it wasn't more than 3-0 as we should have been at least 5 up by half time! I agree that Jack Irlam was very good in the number 10 position (a position that I do think we probably need to strengthen after losing the top quality of Jake Parker and Arron Smith) and showed that he can definitely do a job in that position, Taylor was also very good at left back yesterday though we really need to bring in a left back so that we can put him back on the wing where he's clearly more comfortable and at his best

Hopefully we can pick up a few more wins before the end of the season and that will be an excellent first season at this level and something to gradually build on so we can get closer to the top 10 teams in this league
Josh - agree with almost all you have said, apart from Taylor going back to the wing.

I was very critical of him for the first half of the season and went on record in saying that I didn’t think he would be here next season.

But since the turn of the new year he’s been nothing but superb.

So apologies to Taylor form doubting him. He’s proved me wrong

Josh - agree with almost all you have said, apart from Taylor going back to the wing.

I was very critical of him for the first half of the season and went on record in saying that I didn’t think he would be here next season.

But since the turn of the new year he’s been nothing but superb.

So apologies to Taylor form doubting him. He’s proved me wrong
Yes he has done really well in that position but it's not where he's most effective for the team, He's shown that he can fill in in that position should we need him to but it's madness to not bring in a new LB for next season imo as we need our most effective players playing in their correct positions

Yes he has done really well in that position but it's not where he's most effective for the team, He's shown that he can fill in in that position should we need him to but it's madness to not bring in a new LB for next season imo as we need our most effective players playing in their correct positions
Which begs the question, where should Mike Koral play? Most of our decent crosses come from him, so should he move up to wing? I would like to see us try 3-5-2 with Mike and Taylor taking the wide berths. We have some pretty good wide players, possibly too many with Callum, Joe, et al!

Which begs the question, where should Mike Koral play? Most of our decent crosses come from him, so should he move up to wing? I would like to see us try 3-5-2 with Mike and Taylor taking the wide berths. We have some pretty good wide players, possibly too many with Callum, Joe, et al!
There's definitely a case for Koral on the wing and playing a 3-5-2 would allow that but as you said we do have a number of good options on the wing and Mike has become a very good right back imo and he's still able to get forward on the overlap

I’d love to see us play 3-5-2, certainly got the players to suit that style.

Reactions: Ben
Back