• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Tory Cronyism

Status
Not open for further replies.
“In the mean time The government has Brexit done, is building trade deals, the pandemic has been fought and lockdown is ending and optimism abounds once more.”

Jesus Knutsfordian, whatever drugs you are on, they must be pretty strong stuff! I take it that you are amongst the unicorns prancing and dancing on those sunlit uplands!

Meanwhile 125000 plus dead, PPE scandals, £37Bn spaffed on crap T&T, hungry kids denied food, eat out to kill people, Jenrick and Desmond, Jenrick and Berry marking their own homework, Cummings trip to Barnard Castle, Patel the bully, Acuri, Greensill, who payed for the flat refurb, more £000s spaffed on a needless media centre, Johnson missing the first 5 COBRA meetings, not shutting down our borders early enough, ignoring what was happening in Italy and Spain, exam choas.

And all this in just 14 months!

Christ, he really does have the inverted Midas touch
More cronyism and improperly exposed by the Good Law Project.

But they should not need to have taken this action had Johnson’s sorry excuse for a government followed their own rules when it comes to the purchase of goods and services.

I mean, ordering PPE from a confectionery company and a firm that sounds like they are something from Wallace and Gromit (Pestfix)

More cronyism and improperly exposed by the Good Law Project.

But they should not need to have taken this action had Johnson’s sorry excuse for a government followed their own rules when it comes to the purchase of goods and services.

I mean, ordering PPE from a confectionery company and a firm that sounds like they are something from Wallace and Gromit (Pestfix)
Again that's their spin. I ma sure there are lots of companies awarded contracts who have delivered masses of equipment to the correct standards. There is no doubt that this time last year contracts were being placed wherever they could in order to secure PPE, with lots of companies being repurposed to deliver what was required. There wasn't the time to run 6 month procurement processes and test quality before orders were placed. Inevitably there has been some shortfall but better than than spend time we didn't have costing lives. Oh and given you love our "friends" across the water so much - how much PPE did they let us have???

Again that's their spin. I ma sure there are lots of companies awarded contracts who have delivered masses of equipment to the correct standards. There is no doubt that this time last year contracts were being placed wherever they could in order to secure PPE, with lots of companies being repurposed to deliver what was required. There wasn't the time to run 6 month procurement processes and test quality before orders were placed. Inevitably there has been some shortfall but better than than spend time we didn't have costing lives. Oh and given you love our "friends" across the water so much - how much PPE did they let us have???
A confectionery company?

A pest control company?

Really??

Meanwhile more experienced companies didn’t even get a look in. I recall one such instance where a company made contact with Edward Timpson - MP for Crewe & Namtwich - and he forwarded their details on to the relevant bodies but they never even received an acknowledgment!

Meanwhile, the mate of the landlord of Matt Hancock’s local boozer got a nice wedge!

A confectionery company?

A pest control company?

Really??

Meanwhile more experienced companies didn’t even get a look in. I recall one such instance where a company made contact with Edward Timpson - MP for Crewe & Namtwich - and he forwarded their details on to the relevant bodies but they never even received an acknowledgment!

Meanwhile, the mate of the landlord of Matt Hancock’s local boozer got a nice wedge!
Apologies, my post was factually incorrect. I got the name of the MP wrong?

Apologies, my post was factually incorrect. I got the name of the MP wrong?

Boris Johnson's brother Joseph Johnson was made a director of Dyson on 18th February 2020. This was after Coronavirus had reached UK on 23rd January & before James Dyson was somehow given direct access to his brother, the PM.

I smell a rat.....

#moretorycronyism

James - I would save some of the energy spent on investigating Conservative MPs and use it to revitalise the Labour Party. After today you may well need to.

The Bank of England is indicating that the economy is on the move and could well be back to normal by December. Align that with the fight against the pandemic going well, holidays back and travel freed up, Brexit receding as an issue, financial markets stable, housing market still moving up, levelling up policies start being implemented, booster jabs being rolled out and you have an optimism that bodes well for the future

Not sure what Labour is going to do about that ............

will Labour hold Hartlepool? If not why not?

Well, Labour will most likely blame all of the following:

Locals not grasping “reality”
The Mail
The Sun
Locals voting for self-sabotage
Xenophobia
The BBC

so James decision time - will Labour hold Hartlepool? If not why not?
I don’t think that they will. And for the reason why you just need to look at the GE result from 2019 when the only reason why Labour held it was that the anti Labour vote was split. A combined UKIP / Tory vote was greater than the Labour vote.

As for why those in Hartlepool and other similar places would rather vote Tory than Labour, that remains a mystery to me.

so they didn't just lose the seat - it was a spectacular self destruction of the greatest magnitude I can remember in a by-election.

Perhaps now Labour will begin to realise that they are so far away from the middle ground where they need to be (which Boris has moved into), without ideas, talent and leadership.

A Labour councillor was on TV this morning, talking about campaigning in the Midlands. She said that despite all the criticism and challenges about his integrity, people would not brook any criticism of him because "they absolutely love him"

All labour are succeeding in doing is digging a deeper and deeper pit out of which they will have to climb. They have ignored Scotland and lost those seats and now northern heartlands are following suit. Just when will they wake up ???

Oh and for good measure a commentator mentioned to day that Labour have never won a Westminster general election without the Scottish seats, so Labour need to get back in there and have the fight with Sturgeon et al. Lying back and allowing Scottish Nationalism will be the death knell of the Labour Party

I think the main reason for Labours crushing defeat in Hartlepool, is because of their contempt for the Working Class.

I think the main reason for Labours crushing defeat in Hartlepool, is because of their contempt for the Working Class.
I agree that's a key part of it, but the thing that really strikes me is how the language of hate that emanates from the left, is actually harming the cause they seek to espouse. People are sick and tired of everybody who is right of Momentum being dubbed as racist and fascist. It is an act of great self harm that seems lost on the Party a whole.

They need to try and stop bashing other parties and people and focus on their own people, abilities and policies

Oh and yes there's still Brexit which Labour refuse to embrace

Yes. To use Starmers favourite tool, Hindsight, what the hell were they thinking electing a man who spear headed the charge to stop Brexit as leader?

In 2019 The Brexit Party split the Tory vote stopping them from winning Hartlepool.
With no Brexit Party this time then it's not really a huge shock. It's just a continuation of the Red wall collapse.

The more interesting results are the local election ones. Not that I've seen what they are!

In 2019 The Brexit Party split the Tory vote stopping them from winning Hartlepool.
With no Brexit Party this time then it's not really a huge shock. It's just a continuation of the Red wall collapse.

The more interesting results are the local election ones. Not that I've seen what they are!
I think it's still critical because it shows that labour haven't learned the lessons from 2019 and they keep choosing the wrong battles to fight

............and your right for a party that likes to think itself as the champion of public services, losing control of local councils is another devastating blow for Labour

Even in victory, Johnson can’t stop himself from lying. I really am beginning to think that there is something physiologically wrong with him......

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Even in victory, Johnson can’t stop himself from lying. I really am beginning to think that there is something physiologically wrong with him......

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

But James are they really lies ??? You may disagree with what the options were in each of those circumstances but is there really an intent to deceive and tell falsehoods? I think you are really taking yourself down with all these accusations and the polls suggest that most people are not listening to this type of guff

As long as he can lie without consequence then why should he stop though?

But James are they really lies ??? You may disagree with what the options were in each of those circumstances but is there really an intent to deceive and tell falsehoods? I think you are really taking yourself down with all these accusations and the polls suggest that most people are not listening to this type of guff
a) The only reason that the ESL was canned was because of Brexit? Really? So, how was this so?
b) Freeports. Lots already exist in Europe. So what was stopping the creation of more in the U.K.? Brexshit? I think not...
c) What was his third lie? Sorry, he tells so many I’ve quite lost track....

a) The only reason that the ESL was canned was because of Brexit? Really? So, how was this so?
b) Freeports. Lots already exist in Europe. So what was stopping the creation of more in the U.K.? Brexshit? I think not...
c) What was his third lie? Sorry, he tells so many I’ve quite lost track....
But are they lies ???

You may not agree with him - but that's par for the course

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back