• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Tory Cronyism

Status
Not open for further replies.
“The three PPE contracts thar were used to illustrate the case were a £252m contract for the supply of face masks with a finance company - Ayanda Capital- a £108m contract with Clandeboye Agencies - which had previously supplied only confectionery products - and PPE contracts worth £345m with a company trading as Pestfix.“

I bet that front line NHS and care staff who were on the front line and most at threat of catching the virus were greatly comforted by the fact that the government procured such vital protective from such experienced companies who had previously lined the pockets of the Tory party ?
And why do you think the scramble for equipment happened? If there were enough legitimate suppliers the world could have had all they wanted ! But there wasn't and companies re-tooled and made PPE. Oh - and maybe because the EU wouldn't release supplies? Just maybe

Your ability to find a way to blame the EU for everything is truly amazing.

Your ability to find a way to blame the EU for everything is truly amazing.

You think? Just maybe they are not as blameless as you would like to think. The behaviours of the EU leave a lot to be desired and there is a story yet to come here. The UK government didn't get involved in a tit for tat argument as that would have done little to provide the equipment required - but there is a story to come and no doubt when the enquiry asks about PPE it will surface then.

You think? Just maybe they are not as blameless as you would like to think. The behaviours of the EU leave a lot to be desired and there is a story yet to come here. The UK government didn't get involved in a tit for tat argument as that would have done little to provide the equipment required - but there is a story to come and no doubt when the enquiry asks about PPE it will surface then.
1613897589017.jpeg

The truth laid bare about Tory corruption and cronyism.

Scanalous does not do this justice

so it turns out that what we are really talking about here is that during the height of the pandemic, details of contracts were not published within the stipulated 30 days as the civil servants responsible were busy trying to procure more PPE. It's not that they weren't published, or there was any intent to hide the details. The admin has now caught up with the process and details are again being released on time. So what was the point really? The Good Law Project, a left wing legal pressure group constantly on the look out to embarrass the government, have highlighted a failure in legal duty to publish contract details during the greatest period of turbulence this country has seen since WW2.

I think most of the electorate will see this as a forgivable lapse during extreme circumstances and actually trying to make such a big deal about doesn't reflect well on the Labour party. Given the world has practically been falling apart and some people have been trying to move heaven and earth to get things done and keep people alive - the only thing Labour can find to moan about is a legal breach in reporting due to the extreme workload being experienced within a government department.

I think most reasonable people will see this action as being laughable and a complete waste of public time and money in bringing this to court. All it would have taken to resolve this matter is a question in the House and a bit of co-operation to get the reporting up to speed asap. I think the shame with this sits on Labour's shoulders, not the government's.

so it turns out that what we are really talking about here is that during the height of the pandemic, details of contracts were not published within the stipulated 30 days as the civil servants responsible were busy trying to procure more PPE. It's not that they weren't published, or there was any intent to hide the details. The admin has now caught up with the process and details are again being released on time. So what was the point really? The Good Law Project, a left wing legal pressure group constantly on the look out to embarrass the government, have highlighted a failure in legal duty to publish contract details during the greatest period of turbulence this country has seen since WW2.

I think most of the electorate will see this as a forgivable lapse during extreme circumstances and actually trying to make such a big deal about doesn't reflect well on the Labour party. Given the world has practically been falling apart and some people have been trying to move heaven and earth to get things done and keep people alive - the only thing Labour can find to moan about is a legal breach in reporting due to the extreme workload being experienced within a government department.

I think most reasonable people will see this action as being laughable and a complete waste of public time and money in bringing this to court. All it would have taken to resolve this matter is a question in the House and a bit of co-operation to get the reporting up to speed asap. I think the shame with this sits on Labour's shoulders, not the government's.
Does not get away from the point that Hancock broke the law!

Does not get away from the point that Hancock broke the law!
Just heard Starmer say that he didn't think Hancock should resign. Technically speaking Hancock didn't break the law, his department produces reports outside the reporting period. In normal times a minister would go, but these are not normal times and the leader of the opposition agrees

Just heard Starmer say that he didn't think Hancock should resign. Technically speaking Hancock didn't break the law, his department produces reports outside the reporting period. In normal times a minister would go, but these are not normal times and the leader of the opposition agrees
Serco have just announced an Operating Profit £179 million, Up 75% during pandemic. That’s in the order of £2,800 profit per worker. Yet Serco handed ordinary workers just £100 of a bonus Not much trickling down!!

Serco have just announced an Operating Profit £179 million, Up 75% during pandemic. That’s in the order of £2,800 profit per worker. Yet Serco handed ordinary workers just £100 of a bonus Not much trickling down!!
Come on James - no business works like that and you know it !! There's a million and one reasons why profits don't translate into increased wages and bonuses, If that were true ICI workers would have been drowning in riches during the halcyon years of a "world class" company in Northwich

Come on James - no business works like that and you know it !! There's a million and one reasons why profits don't translate into increased wages and bonuses, If that were true ICI workers would have been drowning in riches during the halcyon years of a "world class" company in Northwich
Oh
mon ami
Au contrarie
Au contraire mon ami.

The last company I worked for had a bonus system that was directly linked to the financial performance of the company and your own personal performance against agreed targets / criteria. The maximum bonus was 20% of your salary of which a maximum stretched target of 15% being based on financial performance with the remainder being 5% being dependent on personal performance.

Oh
mon ami

Au contrarie

Au contraire mon ami.

The last company I worked for had a bonus system that was directly linked to the financial performance of the company and your own personal performance against agreed targets / criteria. The maximum bonus was 20% of your salary of which a maximum stretched target of 15% being based on financial performance with the remainder being 5% being dependent on personal performance.
Yes - but it doesn't mean that all the profits go into bonus payments, there is usually a cap on the total amount of the bonus pot - and not all companies reward people in the same way for various reasons or are in the same position to make such payments

I'd just like to make it clear that due to the impact of Covid & Brexit on the forum finances then the moderators will not be paid any bonuses this year.
or forever more !! I don't mind taking a back hander though for saving your bacon lol ;) you know Tory cronyism at its best saving the least well off and hard done by lol :D

There is plenty of evidence of bona-fide PPE companies *not* being offered PPE contracts - despite applying for them at the time.

Meanwhile

crony-links.jpg

I accidentally added Matt Hancock as a friend on Facebook & I've now got a contract supplying PPE to East Anglia
And more evidence of further Tory corruption and cronyism from today’s budget announcement.

Why do 40 out of 45 towns receiving £1bn through new "town deals" happen to have Conservative MPs?
Why is affluent Richmondshire (MP one Mr Sunak) is designated as "priority 1" in the separate Levelling-up Fund while places like Barnsley are priority 2?

And more evidence of further Tory corruption and cronyism from today’s budget announcement.

Why do 40 out of 45 towns receiving £1bn through new "town deals" happen to have Conservative MPs?
Why is affluent Richmondshire (MP one Mr Sunak) is designated as "priority 1" in the separate Levelling-up Fund while places like Barnsley are priority 2?
And more....

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hold on folks !

Poor service and poor value for money isn't cronyism. It's just poor contract management whether that's done at a school, borough or national level. The contract managers should be taking the company to task before it ever becomes national news. If the contract owners/managers are not doing that then they should be moved on and employ people who do their jobs properly !
I’d expect a few heads to roll then after this absolutely damning report!

A pay rise for nurses and other key NHS and care workers would be a drop in the ocean when compared to the £37Bn that will be spent on T&T

I’d expect a few heads to roll then after this absolutely damning report!

A pay rise for nurses and other key NHS and care workers would be a drop in the ocean when compared to the £37Bn that will be spent on T&T
2 separate issues being rolled into one.

With regards to pay rises, I would say that no one should get any rise until all this is over. We can then see what the economy looks like and spend what we have in the best way possible. The furore over nurses is just the Trojan horse for pay a wider discussion on pay that has far wider implications.

With regard to Test, Track and Trace at some point the breakdown of what's been spent where will come under a fine toothcomb, but make no mistake an industry that can manufacture, deliver and utilise 1.5 million tests in a day and then gnome sequence the results is never going to come cheap. Much is being made of paying consultancy staff £1000 per day, but the in the throes of a pandemic do you realistically think public servants could have delivered this on their own? The costs also pale into insignificance when compared to the 100's of billions of £ thrown at all aspects of the rest of the pandemic.

With regards to heads rolling, I suspect that in normal times ministers would have left office, but in these troubled times I think there has been a concerted effort to hold the line. If one minister had fallen, many others would have gone too and it would have been a revolving door. Getting to the end of this pandemic is more important than seeing heads roll in the govt's view and you will get to have your say at the next election

2 separate issues being rolled into one.

With regards to pay rises, I would say that no one should get any rise until all this is over. We can then see what the economy looks like and spend what we have in the best way possible. The furore over nurses is just the Trojan horse for pay a wider discussion on pay that has far wider implications.

With regard to Test, Track and Trace at some point the breakdown of what's been spent where will come under a fine toothcomb, but make no mistake an industry that can manufacture, deliver and utilise 1.5 million tests in a day and then gnome sequence the results is never going to come cheap. Much is being made of paying consultancy staff £1000 per day, but the in the throes of a pandemic do you realistically think public servants could have delivered this on their own? The costs also pale into insignificance when compared to the 100's of billions of £ thrown at all aspects of the rest of the pandemic.

With regards to heads rolling, I suspect that in normal times ministers would have left office, but in these troubled times I think there has been a concerted effort to hold the line. If one minister had fallen, many others would have gone too and it would have been a revolving door. Getting to the end of this pandemic is more important than seeing heads roll in the govt's view and you will get to have your say at the next election
It took the KLF 67 minutes to burn £1,000,000. Using identical methods, burning £37bn would take 4.7 years. This does not allow time for eating, sleeping or resting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back