• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 News Toddy Barlow

what can you say,devastated at the loss of a good friend to so many of us.i think of all the laughs we had always full of mischief.the friday morning group that met in witton street to put the world to right will not be the same.Toddys daughter called us The Last Of The Summer Wine Group. Toddy always attracted a crowd including the passing Witton fans who stopped to join in the many subjects discussed from politics to whats going wrong at Witton (to wind them up) Those raffle tickets could be produced even quicker than magician Paul Daniels could achieve he even managed to baffle a unsuspecting Witton fan who stopped into buying some who went off still not sure what he had actually bought !! RIP Toddy

Folks

Toddy’s funeral arrangements are as follows

Thursday 23 December 1pm

Birches Remembrance Park & Crematorium, Lostock Green, CW9 7SU

Then on to Rudheath Social Club, where everyone is welcome.

Family flowers only please, donations to 1874 Northwich or Cancer Research UK

Toddy’s family would be delighted if everyone wore his favourite colour of GREEN, shirts and scarves would be most welcome.

We will be joined by Toddy’s family at Saturday’s game and we will mark our love and respect for him by holding a minute’s applause.

I'd also add that Toddy will be watching, so by god have your money ready for those 50/50 tickets and golden goals!!!!

On behalf of on the rest of Toddy's family, I would like to thank you all for your kind words and thoughts at this difficult time! he was 1874 through and through, he would love reading all of the kind words from any supporters/staff as I do at this time. Toddy truly was a Legend he will be missed!

Nathan (Toddy's grandson)
I would also like to add my thanks to everyone for the kind messages about my grandad at what is a very difficult time for the family it's very much appreciated

Josh (Toddy's grandson)

I feel hugely embarrassed to say that I didn't know that this had happened until I went to a football match at the weekend and was told that Toddy had passed away. Toddy and I didn't always see eye to eye, but I had the greatest respect for the way he supported the green half of the town and always fought his corner when it came to any discussion regarding Northwich and Witton. He was a great friend of a close friend of mine, Tony Waterman. Tony often told me of a time when he gave Toddy a lift to Crewe to watch the Northwich/Witton Cheshire cup final. Toddy was giving Tony lots of stick after Northwich scored and when he turned round, Tony had left the ground and Toddy had to find his own way home! They met later that evening in the pub and had a good laugh about it and continued to remain firm friends. That summed up Toddy for me, you could disagree, but you didn't need to fall out about it. Sorry this note comes so late, but I just wanted to make my respect for the man known.

I was in the Vale Royal Angling Centre only a couple of days ago when Toddy's name came up. The two lads in there are firm Wittoners and remembered Toddy with great affection and they said the same. They could argue about football but he was a loyal and valued friend.

I feel hugely embarrassed to say that I didn't know that this had happened until I went to a football match at the weekend and was told that Toddy had passed away. Toddy and I didn't always see eye to eye, but I had the greatest respect for the way he supported the green half of the town and always fought his corner when it came to any discussion regarding Northwich and Witton. He was a great friend of a close friend of mine, Tony Waterman. Tony often told me of a time when he gave Toddy a lift to Crewe to watch the Northwich/Witton Cheshire cup final. Toddy was giving Tony lots of stick after Northwich scored and when he turned round, Tony had left the ground and Toddy had to find his own way home! They met later that evening in the pub and had a good laugh about it and continued to remain firm friends. That summed up Toddy for me, you could disagree, but you didn't need to fall out about it. Sorry this note comes so late, but I just wanted to make my respect for the man known.
‘Split’ was a great character and as loyal a Wittoner as I ever came across. Loved our ‘discussions’ about the relative abilities and performances of our respective clubs?

Back