• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Those nice people from Macclesfield

He's ex pro Dougie Freedman's son.

20/21Feb 28, 2021Stalybridge Celtic
England
StalybridgeCrystal Palace U23
England
Palace U23-free transfer
20/21Nov 30, 2020Glossop North End
England
Glossop NEStalybridge Celtic
England
Stalybridge-End of loan
20/21Oct 30, 2020Stalybridge Celtic
England
StalybridgeGlossop North End
England
Glossop NE-loan transfer
19/20Sep 8, 2019FC Halifax Town U18
England
Halifax U18Stalybridge Celtic
England
Stalybridge-free transfer

He'll have Scotty's place on the bench. It must be a long bench!

Macc were always good for entertainment. I recall going to see Witton v Macc at the Central Ground many years ago to see if Peter Mellor was as good as people said he was. And he played very well ,much to the annoyance of Brian Fidler who wasn't able to beat him or intimidate him. Eventually he followed through and kicked Mellor nastily in the chest- I was behind the goal and could not believe how he was not immediately sent off. The anger of the Witton fans grew and grew so that at the final whistle they were on the pitch in large numbers and after Fidler, who beat a hasty retreat . I didn't go to watch Witton very often , except when they played Vics , but that was a memorable match for sure. Mellor went on to play in the Cup Final of course.

Reactions: Tez
Lee Jackson made his return from nearly 5 months out at the weekend.

It would appear Macc have won the league.

No doubt they’ll try and buy the league next season also.

Looking more and more possible that we’ll have three derbies next season against Linnets, Macc and Witton to look forward to!

Last edited:
i think getting home gates of over 4000 may have helped the cause a little bit.! no doubt every club will benefit from a visit from Macc and the gate receipts they will generate.

Reactions: Tez
i think getting home gates of over 4000 may have helped the cause a little bit.! no doubt every club will benefit from a visit from Macc and the gate receipts they will generate.
Quite right Virgil. I do think that,( as has been said before), some of the increased revenue from the gates should have been used to pay off the debts of the previous incarnation of the Club. Legally possible for them to ignore the debts eg to the revenue, but morally bankrupt.

It'll be interesting to see if they keep the same squad or throw them away & start again.

all teams that get promoted will improve or upgrade the squad to reflect the standard of the higher level. and if you are getting the revenue you can do it.
my concern is a lot of their fans are a orrible !! lot..and home clubs are going to have to get the stewarding and security right.do know a few clubs in the north west counties league say they are glad to see the back of them

Lee Jackson signed a contract with Macc for next season.

Back