Theresa May says 95% of Brexit deal is done

• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Knutsfordian

Too much time on my hands
Dec 18, 2014
Mr Angry strikes again lol :mad:

There's no point in being angry - in the 136 pages of this debate there are very few really profound posts in support of the EU. I get that the concept of an Economic community to overcome nationalism and wars and to encourage countries to work together through mutual cooperation and trade - but this version of the EU goes way beyond that. This drive to create a single EU nation in the mould of the United States will fall apart. Nothing is so certain - it's just a question of when.

I think the big challenge will come to the EU if one of the Euro countries tries to leave the Euro. There is no provision in EU treaties for a country to leave the single currency. The implication is that once you are in, you are in for ever. If Greece left and re-launched the drachma the fall out would be immense. The amount of money that the ECB has piled into Greece isn't repayable and the effects of Greece defaulting would bring EU banking to its knees. When the Greeks realise the power they now hold, it will not take much for that to become reality.

Knutsfordian

Dec 18, 2014
I still say the answer to this problem is to collaboratively build more capacity, wherever possible. The original position of the EU to go on the attack against AZ has not helped in any way and their own dithering whether to accept the AZ vaccine (or not) has just exacerbated delays in building that capacity, reduced take up and left millions of doses lying on shelves.
So it now comes to light that the Dutch were asked to invest in their own Halix vaccines plant in Leiden and were warned by Oxford that a failure to do so would result in vaccine shortages on the continent. The Dutch refused, the UK stepped up to the plate and made the investments and now the EU wants to stop vaccines coming to the UK that would not have been produced if it wasn't for UK investment!! You couldn't make it up !!

Reactions: Andy

Knutsfordian

Dec 18, 2014
Not much reported on our news is the protests taking place in Northern Ireland over implementation of the Brexit protocols. If the EU think that enforcing these protocols is a quick and easy process without repercussions they may now think again. Anyone who thinks that the counties of Northern Ireland can be marched quietly into a united Ireland and into the EU need to think long and hard about what they are going to unleash - democratic majority or not

Knutsfordian

Dec 18, 2014
Mr Angry strikes again lol :mad:

There's no point in being angry - in the 136 pages of this debate there are very few really profound posts in support of the EU. I get that the concept of an Economic community to overcome nationalism and wars and to encourage countries to work together through mutual cooperation and trade - but this version of the EU goes way beyond that. This drive to create a single EU nation in the mould of the United States will fall apart. Nothing is so certain - it's just a question of when.

I think the big challenge will come to the EU if one of the Euro countries tries to leave the Euro. There is no provision in EU treaties for a country to leave the single currency. The implication is that once you are in, you are in for ever. If Greece left and re-launched the drachma the fall out would be immense. The amount of money that the ECB has piled into Greece isn't repayable and the effects of Greece defaulting would bring EU banking to its knees. When the Greeks realise the power they now hold, it will not take much for that to become reality.
I hadn't watched this video when I wrote the above. Its about 30 minutes long but well worth watching. It really does make you wonder how on earth the Euro has made it this far.

Reactions: Andy

James Wood

I Live Here
Jun 1, 2017
Not much reported on our news is the protests taking place in Northern Ireland over implementation of the Brexit protocols. If the EU think that enforcing these protocols is a quick and easy process without repercussions they may now think again. Anyone who thinks that the counties of Northern Ireland can be marched quietly into a united Ireland and into the EU need to think long and hard about what they are going to unleash - democratic majority or not
Remind me. Weren’t these protocols agreed by the current Government with the EU in full and complete knowledge and understanding of their potential implications?

So given this, you can hardly blame the EU from wanting to ‘enforce’ them.

If Boris and his chums now realise that by agreeing to the protocols, then they’ve made an absolute ricket of things, then this either proves their utter incompetence or complete lack of understanding of how the EU / U.K. border with the ROI might operate post Brexit.

James Wood

I Live Here
Jun 1, 2017
Remind me. Weren’t these protocols agreed by the current Government with the EU in full and complete knowledge and understanding of their potential implications?

If Boris and his chums now realise that by agreeing to the protocols, then they’ve made an absolute ricket of things, then this either proves their utter incompetence or complete lack of understanding of how the EU / U.K. border with the ROI might operate post Brexit.
From what I understand it isn’t just the U.K. fishing industry that has been sold out by this Tory government.

in a statement made today, the Federation of U.K.Unicorn Producers (FUKUP) said “During and after the Brexit campaign we were promised that there would be a massive demand for unicorns all over Britain to prance and dance on those sunlit uplands that Mr Johnson, Gove and Farage promised.

These promises have proved to be hollow lies and as a result many of our members now find themselves with stock that they cannot sell, and many face financial ruin. In addition, these poor creatures now find themselves unloved and useless.

Reactions: Tony Fallows

Knutsfordian

Dec 18, 2014

The EU used the NI border as a stick aided and abetted by the Republic to try and extricate NI from the UK. It will blow up (literally) in their faces.

James Wood

I Live Here
Jun 1, 2017
From what I understand it isn’t just the U.K. fishing industry that has been sold out by this Tory government.

in a statement made today, the Federation of U.K.Unicorn Producers (FUKUP) said “During and after the Brexit campaign we were promised that there would be a massive demand for unicorns all over Britain to prance and dance on those sunlit uplands that Mr Johnson, Gove and Farage promised.

These promises have proved to be hollow lies and as a result many of our members now find themselves with stock that they cannot sell, and many face financial ruin. In addition, these poor creatures now find themselves unloved and useless.

Given this situation, FUKUP have asked for an urgent meeting with the Agriculture Minister George Useless to seek government support to prop up this vital, and once proud British industry until such a time that U.K. Trade Minister Liz Truss has been able to sign a lucrative trade deal with Narnia who are the biggest importers of Unicorns

Knutsfordian

Dec 18, 2014
Given this situation, FUKUP have asked for an urgent meeting with the Agriculture Minister George Useless to seek government support to prop up this vital, and once proud British industry until such a time that U.K. Trade Minister Liz Truss has been able to sign a lucrative trade deal with Narnia who are the biggest importers of Unicorns
your definitely losing it James :D

Knutsfordian

Dec 18, 2014
It was never going to be easy and swapping trade in the EU for worldwide markets is going to have its drawbacks, But how many times do I have to say that if the EU was focussed on trade we would still be in there. It's not. That's why we are out.

I am still waiting for the compelling reason why Remainers think we should have stayed in the EU or why we should rejoin.

James Wood

I Live Here
Jun 1, 2017
It was never going to be easy and swapping trade in the EU for worldwide markets is going to have its drawbacks, But how many times do I have to say that if the EU was focussed on trade we would still be in there. It's not. That's why we are out.

I am still waiting for the compelling reason why Remainers think we should have stayed in the EU or why we should rejoin.
I think that part of the ‘compelling’ reason is currently being played out in NI. Plenty of people- including William Hague and John Major- warned against the impact that Brexit would have on the Good Friday agreement.

And you say that it was ‘never going to be easy’. Well, that’s not what the likes of Gove, Fox, Davis et al were saying during and post the Brexit campaign - or are you suffering from a hint of rose-tinted amnesia?

James Wood

I Live Here
Jun 1, 2017
I think that part of the ‘compelling’ reason is currently being played out in NI. Plenty of people- including William Hague and John Major- warned against the impact that Brexit would have on the Good Friday agreement.

And you say that it was ‘never going to be easy’. Well, that’s not what the likes of Gove, Fox, Davis et al were saying during and post the Brexit campaign - or are you suffering from a hint of rose-tinted amnesia?
Daniel Hannan, the Tory MEP who is often described as the “godfather of Brexit” repeatedly assured voters that Britain would not leave the single market if they voted to leave the EU.
“Absolutely nobody is talking about threatening our place in the single market,” he said.
Owen Paterson, a Tory MP and a prominent campaigner for Vote Leave made similar claims.
“Only a madman would actually leave the market,” Mr Paterson said.

James Wood

I Live Here
Jun 1, 2017
Daniel Hannan, the Tory MEP who is often described as the “godfather of Brexit” repeatedly assured voters that Britain would not leave the single market if they voted to leave the EU.
“Absolutely nobody is talking about threatening our place in the single market,” he said.
Owen Paterson, a Tory MP and a prominent campaigner for Vote Leave made similar claims.
“Only a madman would actually leave the market,” Mr Paterson said.
Care to review your statement Knutsfordian?

James Wood

I Live Here
Jun 1, 2017

Re your amnesia, might this help you?

He just can’t help himself can he? An inveterate liar and charlatan. Yet you continue to defend him.

Unbelievable

James Wood

I Live Here
Jun 1, 2017