• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

The squad

TimBen1874

Administrator
Jun 24, 2013
So now that Ian has selected his playing squad who are people excited about? Iv only been to the lostock game but I think phil coffin had a good and think hel do well for us. Brandon looks like a quality signing too with his goals

Paul Bowyer seems a solid, dependable player :)

Impressed with Phil Coffin ..... and Mike Brandon has to be the form man at present (and long may that scoring run continue ;))

Danny Thomas seemed to have a no nonsense approach in defence too.

To be honest, this looks like a decent squad who enjoy playing together, which hopefully means we'll enjoy watching them.

I have been to three of the six pre-season games and I've been impressed with what I've seen.

They look a decent team who like to play football.

The maturity shown in the squad is what you would expect from a team that had been together for a long time.

Matt Conkie looks a dependable keeper, Danny Thomas a solid defender, Lee Hendley has impressed in midfield, and I'm pretty confident that Mike Brandon will score goals at the level we'll be playing at.

I've seen Phil Coffin a few times and the jury is still out on him for me.

I'd be disappointed if Brandon didn't end up with a goal-a-game scoring ratio - he looks very capable at this level.

Fairly happy with the squad assembled by Ian. Time will obviously tell.

For me last night showed a few shortcomings, but I suggest that the majority that played would have been fringe players. I'm sure he knows in his own mind his best eleven. I think it should look something like this:
Conkie (Although we haven't seen much of Adam Leake): Lee Duckworth, Danny Thomas, Ryan Stewart, Jack McKay:Ste Craine, Adam Foy, Lee Hendley, Phil Coffin: Mike Brandon, Anthony Marshall. (Dean McGregor, a very close sub)

Anybody got any thoughts on this eleven?

Sometimes I think our main striker is a little isolated, so prefer 4-4-2

My starting XI

Conkie, Mitchell, Stewart, Thomas, Duckworth, Crane, Hendley, Foy, Brandon ,Marshall, Mcgregor

Coffin hopefully as a good impact substitute.

One worry I have is where the goals are coming from without Brandon.

Back