• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

The season so far

kev

Aug 21, 2013
Like so many of our supporters who have watched non-league football all their lives, I would like to take this opportunity to review the start to the season
I think from starting from “scratch” and building a club that Northwich can be proud of and supporting once more. I personally think we have made a very positive start to the season.
The attendances have been brilliant for this level of football and is encouraging seeing all age groups in attendance.
The team the manager has assembled in the short time is knitting together and the spirit is there.
I’m sure like all Managers he’s looking to strengthen, but we have the foundations there and generally are playing some attractive football.
Yes I want to win every game we play but I’m a realist - very encouraging so far.
Well done to all, the board, Manager, back room staff, team, voluneers and supporters.

- Happy to be back watching football every week.
- Amazed by the attendances.
- On the Pitch hasn't been as easy as some would've thought, but given time we'll be fine.

I can only echo all of that.

For me, one very telling thing is just how tangible the disappointment was amongst the 1874 fans in attendance yesterday. I don't mean disappointment with the lads or the performance, just at losing and being out of the Vase.

For the club to be able to generate such feeling in such a short amount of time is pretty remarkable.

The foundations are there and they're solid. People aren't in this for the short term.

Season so far - better than most of us could've hoped for - surely?

I didn't think I'd get the same feeling as I used to get watching the vics and I don't...I enjoy it much more!!!

Managed 3 of the 4 away league games so far and loving all the new places to visit.

Basic, honest and friendly football....just what the doctor ordered after all the cR*p we've put up with over the recent years

Well done to all

Great following home and away, good honest competitive football, and an overall feel good factor!

Loving it!

I'm loving wearing my 1874 gear and being stopped and asked about us. From other exiled trickies the country up and down. Yes it happens in Dorset! Twice in fact. People know what's happened and want to know about us and its brilliant. What's better is that the same people have asked how to become a part of it.

As Blackie said, The away trips are great!

Back