• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

The Hundred

Thanks for posting this James. Ever since the ECB sold up the tv rights to Sky, which clearly gave them more money than the terrestrial broadcasters did, interest in the game has waned. Even to the extent that there is hardly any cover in the Northwich Guardian about our local teams now, in this week a short bit but no results for the teams not covered. Having said that, I have not been to a local game since I stopped coaching Weaverham U18s about 12 years ago and only go to internationals when my son in law invites me.

Thanks for posting this James. Ever since the ECB sold up the tv rights to Sky, which clearly gave them more money than the terrestrial broadcasters did, interest in the game has waned. Even to the extent that there is hardly any cover in the Northwich Guardian about our local teams now, in this week a short bit but no results for the teams not covered. Having said that, I have not been to a local game since I stopped coaching Weaverham U18s about 12 years ago and only go to internationals when my son in law invites me.
Well despite England’s abject performance - in particular the bizarre tactics when bowling against the Indian tail-enders - this and the previous test match have proven - if any were needed - that we don’t need ‘manufactured’ cricket with sides that no-one has any allegiance to, with piped, deafening music greeting every boundary. The atmosphere at Lords today was just fantastic and it was gripping stuff to watch the most talented Indian side ive ever seen on these shores eviscerate Joe Root’s men.

Reactions: Ben
Well despite England’s abject performance - in particular the bizarre tactics when bowling against the Indian tail-enders - this and the previous test match have proven - if any were needed - that we don’t need ‘manufactured’ cricket with sides that no-one has any allegiance to, with piped, deafening music greeting every boundary. The atmosphere at Lords today was just fantastic and it was gripping stuff to watch the most talented Indian side ive ever seen on these shores eviscerate Joe Root’s men.
It will be interesting to see what changes Root and Silverwood will make for the next test at Headingley.

Sibley has got to be ditched, he is just a rabbit in the headlights. Burns would just about keep his place as would Hameed (can’t drop him after one game given all the many chances Sibley and Burns have been given) so do you open with him? Root at 3 or bring Malan in at 3 with Root 4, Bairstow 5, Ali 6, Buttler 7, 8 Curran (or Mahmoud) 9 Wood, 10 Robinson, 11 Anderson

I'd drop Sibley, Curran & Buttler.
No idea who to replace them with though.

Will Rhodes, the opener at Warwickshire has been probably the most consistent batsman in country cricket for a few years now. Well over due a call up.

It will be interesting to see what changes Root and Silverwood will make for the next test at Headingley.

Sibley has got to be ditched, he is just a rabbit in the headlights. Burns would just about keep his place as would Hameed (can’t drop him after one game given all the many chances Sibley and Burns have been given) so do you open with him? Root at 3 or bring Malan in at 3 with Root 4, Bairstow 5, Ali 6, Buttler 7, 8 Curran (or Mahmoud) 9 Wood, 10 Robinson, 11 Anderson
Got that pretty well spot on didn’t I? Just Overton for the injured Wood was the only difference

George Dobell nails it……

This five day, red ball game.

It really has no future does it?

I mean one day, less than 200 runs and fewer than 10 wickets! How on earth can this ever complete with the gripping excitement of the ??

And both teams wearing white. I mean, what is that all about?

I see the test match due today has been abandoned without a ball being bowled. I am sure it must be due to a rise in National Insurance contributions ;) ;)

Back