• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

The elephant in the room

TimBen1874

Administrator
Jun 24, 2013
Is anyone looking forward to (insert location) villa? Will anyone be making the trip

I will attend the game to get behind the team.

I'll be in China so don't have to make the decision ;). The general concensus from the brief iscussions I've read feel the same TimBen, back the team and leave the politics at the turnstile for the day.

It's a really difficult one for me. I think It'll be a case of waiting and making a decision on my gut feeling closer to the time.

I would love to be at every game possible to support the '74. However, the idea of giving money to that man makes my stomach turn. It seems daft to say when you consider how much money I payed him for merchandise/tickets/season tickets throughout the years. The entry for Villa would be a drop in the ocean, but it isn't an easy decision to make.

As of today, if that game were next Saturday, I would probably say that I would go in order to support the lads. I would hand my money over at the gate with teeth firmly clenched though... I don't know if it would be an enjoyable experience in any way.

I'm unlikely to make the long trip just to view their new green painted surroundings, I must admit, though if I were local I would go but only spend the admission money.
How about saving up all your 1p coins and paying in lots of small change? A bit petty, but likely to irritate.

Additionally, think about the poor souls on the Board and who work directly in the operation of the club. At some point this season, they will have to put out refreshments and welcome Northwich, Flixton, Urmston and the Metropolitan Borough of Trafford Villa into the Barton Stadium.

Now THAT will take some gritted teeth!!!

Oh for the day when we can welcome them into our own stadium ...
Now there's an incentive ...

It's a tough one. Of course I want to support the team, but for obvious reason I don't want to go. I'll wait and see how I feel on the day.

For me, it's all about our team and shouting our lads on, so please forget about the opposition and "sing your hearts out for the lads"

Reactions: Ben
Initially i was not keen to go to this fixture however after some reflection:

WE have a club to be proud of
WE have a cracking team to support
WE should go in force - as many as possible ( spend just gate money or whatever your personal preference is )
WE should get right behind the lads
WE should show him what he could have had in terms of fans backing
WE should as Tez said leave the politics behind

That will reflect well on OUR club and will send a clear message of what we are about.

Reactions: Ben
If I remember correctly from last time Iwent, it is possible to view over the fence from outside the ground ;). Not that I'm suggesting anyone does. Honest.

Additionally, think about the poor souls on the Board and who work directly in the operation of the club. At some point this season, they will have to put out refreshments and welcome Northwich, Flixton, Urmston and the Metropolitan Borough of Trafford Villa into the Barton Stadium.

Now THAT will take some gritted teeth!!!

Who is their chairman and who else is on their board?

Their Chairman is Rob Millington and their Secretary is Ray Small and I would like to remind members of our club that NFVFC are a member of our league and as such deserve any dues that are entitled to them as a visiting club to the BS as are we, when we visit Flixton. Please remember that.

It's up to our board to give them their dues, not the fans.
Northwich Villa FC, Northwich Flixton Villa FC whatever they are called these days, they are now and will always remain Rushe's Woodley FC and as for Millington, well, I'll keep my personal opinion about him to myself.

Maybe at this stage we should just let them be and focus on our own journey starting tomorrow. We shouldn't let this detract from the momentous nature of 3rd August. A lot of water will have flowed under all the various bridges by mid October, let alone January. We can return to these particular games when they come round.

Back