• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Thatcham - Thank You!

Vicki England

Too much time on my hands
1874 Official
Jul 31, 2013
Folks

We have received the following lovely message at the Club -

"I attended the FA Vase semi final at Thatcham Town as a steward and was allocated to look after the away supporters from your club. Just wanted to say that without exception, they were an absolute credit to your team. Although the game on the day didn't go your way, your fans made it a very enjoyable afternoon. Once again thank you for giving me and my colleagues a very easy afternoon".

On behalf of Bow, Goody, the lads and the Board, I have to say a MASSIVE thank you to everyone who travelled down to support the boys. As ever, our supporters were fantastic, were vocal and encouraging and concentrated on the football, rather than engaging in anything else.

So proud of us and our lovely club!

Can I just say the logistics of the ground were not the best, in that the segregation left us with not so great a part of the ground but I don't see what else they could have done. Yes the stewards were visible and played their part in making it an enjoyable afternoon even if we did lose. The stewards thankfully got rid of the idiot that was not there to watch football. I just don't get it I'm afraid

Well done to Thatcham for making everyone safe even if it was absolutely freezing.

Personally very happy with it all (apart from the result and the weather). Didn't feel cramped. Chatted to prog seller, raffle ticket seller and stewards at length. And they didn't eject Tony for throwing a snowball at them. ;)

They seemed fine, No issues in the club beforehand, Hopefully the Reading idiots stayed away.
See you all tomorrow.

Back