• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 News Supporter / Managers / Board evening

Edge

Administrator
Forum Staff
5 Game Player
Jun 24, 2013
On Thursday 12th May the club will be holding a Supporters/ Management / Board evening at Townfield 7.30pm.

This will be an opportunity for everyone to get together to discuss any matters relating to 1874 Northwich FC.

Continue reading...

Just bringing this to the top!

A reminder about the catch up on Thursday. A chance to hear from Bow & Goodie and also to share thoughts about how we move on. I can see on the Forum that there are ideas out there, which is great. Look forward to seeing everyone!

Just bringing this to the top!

A reminder about the catch up on Thursday. A chance to hear from Bow & Goodie and also to share thoughts about how we move on. I can see on the Forum that there are ideas out there, which is great. Look forward to seeing everyone!

Due to a long standing engagement I can’t make it on Thursday. But in my absence can the Board consider the following questions.

1 Should we increase admission prices for the matches v Witton, Macc given that they are likely to be all ticket games and we may incur additional costs in staging them (I.e provision of additional, external stewards, toilets, segregation etc).

2 Given the anticipated financial losses this year, and based on this seasons income from gate receipts, how much would we need to charge for admission in order to break even?

My brief take on last night...

We have one of the smallest budgets in the league & will probably be 2nd lowest next season.
Interestingly, our budget was only around 7th highest in the Counties.

Gate prices will be going up to £9 or £10 next season & all games will be the same price.
No figures were given for break even.

Costs are going up - fuel for mower, physio etc.

On the playing front we're talking to news players, but most of last seasons squad will probably still be with us next season.
Wigan & Salford are linking up with our U21s as they are very impressed with the way we do things.

Owners will have had the membership survey & we're looking to change the structure but one member one vote remains.
We have a very high proportion of fans to members - around 80-90% of the gate are members.

There's probable more I forgotten so I'll let other attendees fill in the blanks

Thanks for the update, Edge. Interesting about our budget probably being the second lowest in the league. Didn’t realise that and will be interesting to see how we compete but we managed to last season. Not sure where we were in terms of budgets then.

Good to read that most of the squad look to be staying though and that we’re talking to new players. Hopefully we can bring a couple in, think we need a left back to fill the slot left by Russy and move Taylor more forward, another midfielder in for Jake and striker to replace Scotty. Would be good to get Harry Cain back.

Agree re increasing admission prices to bring more income in to help us break even and pay for extra costs, increased playing budget etc. Improved home form will help and the prospect of bigger gates next season with some tasty local derbies.

Great to see Wigan and Salford linking up with the U21s, hopefully more players will come through into the first team.

Last edited:
Costs are rising so much. An increase in admission is inevitable so £10.00 makes sense.

Great to see last night that the managers realise the budget situation and will work with it. We need to raise enough money to make them competitive and give them and us a decent chance of progress.

Others will charge more.

GoBo are (and always have been) one hundred percent supportive of the club ethos and what is trying to achieve. It’s Important therefore for the fan base to recognise and be supportive of what they are trying to do (the majority are supportive are of course). Sometimes when a player is played out of position it’s perhaps a question of exploring the capabilities and possibilities within the squad, so they can make best use of the resources we have when availability is tight; mysterious as that sometimes seems?
Really pleased that other clubs appreciate the effort and achievements of the Under 21 set up, which I feel is going to be an increasingly more Integral part of our efforts to continue existing at Step 4. Hopefully there can be some reciprocal arrangements with these clubs, maybe helping blood some of there promising youngsters and maybe even getting some game time (at a certain level) for some of our squad.
I think we are lucky to have the committed and resourceful Management team we have. Also lucky to have a Board with the passion, energy and commitment that must be the envy of some other clubs.
COY74??

I’m in full agreement with admission price increase and given the above information on our budget situation £10 seems appropriate. I do hope though that season tickets will give us at least 4 free games and not 3 like last season. COYG

Reactions: Ben
At £10 you're looking at £190 for all games & £150 for a season ticket - that was certainly discussed the other night.

Sometimes when a player is played out of position it’s perhaps a question of exploring the capabilities and possibilities within the squad, so they can make best use of the resources we have when availability is tight; mysterious as that sometimes seems?
Totally get that, Tez. On a tight budget it does help to have players who can play in different positions. As part of a 3-5-2 for instance, it makes sense to have Taylor and Koral as attacking wing backs. I think Taylor has done a great job slotting in at left back.

Still though, if budget restraints allow, I think having another left back will give us more options as would be the case with the other positions I’ve identified as potential summer signings. I’m sure GoBo have this all in hand.

Was it ever decided what would be done with the BIN fund money? (About 15k I think it was) Could this be used towards the playing budget and ground improvements

Was it ever decided what would be done with the BIN fund money? (About 15k I think it was) Could this be used towards the playing budget and ground improvements
I think at the AGM last year it was agreed that it could be spent on ground improvements.

Back