• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Suggestions Thread for new ideas to increase revenue streams

Brian Ashley

Legend
Jul 29, 2013
A couple of ideas for further discussion;

Would it be possible to have donation boxes at various locations on home days with some reference to a future ground fund.

Also could we set a 1874 club ebay shop account up for merchandise and also for people to donate items for sale. eg unwanted presents ect. Ebay is a great way of getting our name out on a more national basis.

I don't feel like national is our pitch right now, I remember walking around the Cheshire and thinking maybe village fetes in the future is a good Place to advertise?

Raffle off a place in the squad... obviously they wouldn't play but could be registered as a player. Barnet did this some years ago and raised quite a sum of money through it.

Reactions: Tez
A couple of ideas for further discussion;

Would it be possible to have donation boxes at various locations on home days with some reference to a future ground fund.

Also could we set a 1874 club ebay shop account up for merchandise and also for people to donate items for sale. eg unwanted presents ect. Ebay is a great way of getting our name out on a more national basis.

The e bay idea has some merit if we can find a volunteer - as Brian says, club merchandise and programmes would be a good first step. The donated items for resale would also go well.

I am reminded of the car boot sales which we used to hold in the old Vics club - maybe something of this nature from time to time at Lostock could be done via the social committee?

Can anyone explain what the Legal Notice on page 76 in the Guardian about Vics means.

Can anyone explain what the Legal Notice on page 76 in the Guardian about Vics means.

The article in the Guardian refers to a Notice of Cancellation and it's not Vics Toddy, it's ours.

NVSA is the old trading name (I think) for what was The Northwich Victoria Supporters Trust, register number 29741 R. On Companies House website http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//compdetails this number refers to IP29741R.

Northwich Victoria Supporters Association Ltd http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//compdetails (CLOSED).
Northwich Football Club Ltd http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//compdetails (CONVERTED)

Last edited:
Would it be an idea giving free tickets to schools?

Would it be an idea giving free tickets to schools?
It's certainly an idea Andy and one that has been discussed at board meetings albeit only briefly. Of course as admission is free to under 12's this is something hat we would need to "push" more than perhaps we have done so far? There is also the question as to which schools we approach and whether we include some in Winsford? Finally once a decision is taken we need someone to actually do the "work" and find time to visit schools.

The heading for this thread mentions "increasing revenue streams" and of course any income from things such as refreshments does not come to 1874 but possible merchandise sales would help as well as trying to get youngsters to enjoy the buzz of supporting "their" team so again thanks for the reminder

Link removed at request of Music Magpie

Again needs someone to co-ordinate &a big box for stuff to be dropped in

Last edited:
How about pre-match or half time penalty shoot out for fans.

Participnats pay a fiver to enter.

Reserve keeper plays in goal.

Everyone takes a penalty if you score you are through to next round.

Continue until one of the following:
a. One person remains - and is the winner
b. Time is up as players are getting ready to come out - in which case the remaining people share the win

Half money to the club and half to the winner

Quick easy fun

Cross bar challenge .... similar to the above - kicks from the centre spot - hit the crossbar you win 50% of the money...

well
Would help if there was a reserve keeper to start with.
cross bar challenge then but if younger kids want to join then maybe closer than half way line for them or else just have a youth keeper in goal or something dor pens

As ever,gentlemen all ideas will be discussed and considered,but I would say that the reason that you don't see these types of things happening very often nowadays is because of health and safety issues - and of course most games now see 5 players from each side kicking balls about in and around the penalty areas for 15 minutes or so.

Both the above ideas could be considered for an end of season finale I.e. after a game with all the pitch being used for half an hour or so when the challenges could be given full support?

My dad has offered space in his shop for merchandise. His shop and post office is in Mere opposite the Kilton. Would this be to far for people to travel for a brew and chat? It's a well established business. He's had the shop for 22 years.

I would also be willing to set up an eBay page as do eBay myself and don't mind listing and packing up stuff. I have 1715 100% feedback on my own personal account. So setting up an 1874 account would be easy. I don't want to push myself forward but I am willing to help all I can. I love doing eBay and also packaging.

I would also be willing to set up an eBay page as do eBay myself and don't mind listing and packing up stuff. I have 1715 100% feedback on my own personal account. So setting up an 1874 account would be easy. I don't want to push myself forward but I am willing to help all I can. I love doing eBay and also packaging.

Sounds like a great idea..... increasing the avenues of promoting / selling & raising money for the club can only be a good thing :) ..... only question would be would there be a market (above and beyond what Brian is currently offering?) for outsiders to buy 1874 merchandise? I wouldn't buy 'other' clubs shirts / ties / hats etc..

But then if it is little overhead to set-up, it can only add positively for the club and may hit some of these non league ground hoppers who want to visit new grounds and get a piece of memorabilia

Back