• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Squad update

Lads who may not be in a position to be playing every week may be duel registered so that they can keep getting important game time.
Does not mean that we wont see them again, better that than sitting on the bench.

Notice that Max Davidson played for AVRO v Vics today. Helped them to secure a 1-0 win?

In my opinion, we’re at a much better place than this time last season.

When we lost some big players earlier this summer, understandably people were concerned, I had a few worries when Mike switched over to Witton.

But after going down to nearly all the training sessions early on, seeing all the new lads joining in with the ones who wanted to stay with the club, I got a really positive feeling about the squad we were assembling.

We then started the friendlies and the performances have been superb, only lost once against a very talented Salford City 11 and have scored 24 goals in 8 games. The side looks to have so many different options, in so many different positions, a real encouraging sign going in a long and demanding season.

Im not going to get carried away, but I think we will surprise a lot of people this season with how talented our squad is, and with the way we play under Goody and Bow you never know what can happen. No matter what we have a side which will entertain us and give us a Northwich side to be proud of.

Up the 74. See you all at Colne ?⚫️?

I admit there was some element of doubt among a few posters. To some extent when other clubs adopt a fanfare of “signings” [starting in late May from memory?] and we have, inevitably, for one reason or another, players moving on, it can be a nervy time. We are a low budget club and we can’t adopt the same apparent financial largesse in tempting “marquee “ names. GoBo’s dark arts of identifying good, young, keen prospects and quietly, under the radar bringing them in preseason works for us as a club. Any fanfares and ears prick up …… and we know what happens next? Our Management team work hard enough to bring players into this club, without doing the scouting [again]on behalf of others ?. Nice to see what looks like an added element of robustness to the squad. The season ahead looks promising ????

Excellent performance at Airbus today. Could and should have been 4 or 5 at HT. The whole side looks fit and sharp and the lads who came on slotted in very well.

Stand out performers for me were Jack Irlam, Matt Fenton and Issac ‘Newton’ Noble as Gary Halvorsen called him last week! ??

According to Twitter we’ve signed Jamal Crawford. Right or left sided wide player, who more recently played at Widnes, but also has experience at clubs higher up the Step level. Was he involved at the Airbus game?

He was Trialist B against Salford - pacy left winger. I thought he looks pretty decent

According to Twitter we’ve signed Jamal Crawford. Right or left sided wide player, who more recently played at Widnes, but also has experience at clubs higher up the Step level. Was he involved at the Airbus game?
He came on as a second half sub Tez

Last edited:
I have to say I’m really impressed with the number of signings we’ve made this summer and the quality of them. A lot of the players seem to have had a pedigree at this level or higher and from what I’ve seen of us during pre-season, it’s been good to watch.

I feel that GoBo have built a very promising new-look squad with a lot of strength and depth and multiple options in all areas, as well as a good mix of experience and youth. We do seem far more prepared this season than we were last time. I think the squad that served us well in the counties and did a solid job last season needed a freshening up and that is what we’ve seen. I know a few were concerned at the player departures at the start of the summer and the lack of announcements the other end (we couldn’t register anyone), but hopefully those concerns have been more than allayed now.

I think on what we’ve been told is one of the lower budgets in the league the managers have done a great job putting together the squad they have. It will be exciting to see so many new faces and at the same time, the core of last seasons squad (Tony, Jonah, Matty Fenton, Jack Irlam and Jamie Reid to name a few) has been maintained.

No doubt we’ll have our ups and downs and the new players may need time to gel but I’m feeling really optimistic going into the new season. I suspect we could surprise a few.

Last edited:
We have a new man! Midfield player Sam Adetiloye joins up with the squad ahead of the NPL season start.

Sam’s most recent football has been with Widnes. He also has NPL experience with Ramsbottom United and has had game time with Padiham after a number of years with Salford City.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And Henry has signed dual reg with West Dids

How big is the squad now ? I'm losing count although it is a good problem to have.
It's 24 - including Markell & Henry who are dual-reg now. A few of them played for the U21s on Sunday.

Ryan Hough is now dual-reg with Market Drayton Town.

Back