• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Squad update

Im sure there will be more information soon about the lads, maybe some interviews etc once the friendlies are over and the squad is fully finalised?

No actual announcements on Twitter about the squad, just a couple of snippets on the weekly E Mail.
not sure why that is, but hopefully we are just keeping everything quite and under wraps
looks like a very young squad, which is good from a fitness and energy perspective, but maybe the issue could be lack of experience?
Let’s hope we can do enough to avoid being dragged into any bottom of the table battles
all the very best for the new season boys !
As posted above , club Announced new signings on Twitter before mate ?

Reactions: Ben
Massively underwhelming. Needed much new blood after last season to push on which doesn’t look to be forthcoming. Can’t see where the progress is here…seemingly happy to just welcome back the same squad season after season. If anything the squad if looking like going backwards with the losses sustained this summer.
Jesus!

We’ve not even played the first friendly yet and we are still 4 weeks away from the first game! ?

After the sad departure of Rob Vader to the Dark Side what a joy it is to read of all the new recruits to the rebel alliance that Obi Wan Kengobo announced today. The combination of old faces, new faces, returning faces, young faces and so forth looks so exciting. And Jamie Reed going onto the coaching staff looks a good move too. Roll on the new season. May the force be with us !

PS> Can I renew my subscription to the machine so I can see the games from afar ?

I think we need to give the new lads a chance first before making any judgments. We’ve still got four weeks of pre-season until the season starts. Looking at the squad, I think we have a good blend of younger lads and experience. The squad needed freshening up and that’s what we’re seeing. Players come and go and we can’t have the same squad season in and season out.

With one of the lower budgets in the league there’s only so much the management can do and I’m sure they’re working hard to bring in the right players. Let’s be honest, another season of staying up and maybe finishing somewhere similar to last year would be another good season. Hopefully with a cup run.

In terms of the new lads, a few have said good things about Fenton Green and he will help shore our midfield up, and then Ollie Broe and Liam Buckley sound like good defensive additions. Ollie played with Kenzy at Wigan and has NPL experience with CoL and Widnes behind him and Liam is a full back which we need and he was on the books of Chester. A few welcome returns also with Jack Marrow and Ash Woods who I both felt did well for us last season.

All sounds encouraging to me and I’m sure there’s more to come. Keep the faith!

Last edited:
Ok so I was waiting to see some news on the squad before trying to predict what our season would be like, without meaning to be overly negative I do believe that we're likely going to be in a relegation fight this season as I'm not overly confident so far about the youthful look of the squad (I'm sure they are all very talented) as I feel that at this level you need a bit more experience to compete with the better teams in the league, the fact that our playing budget is one of the smallest in the league is a real problem that I think we need to try and somehow address and is obviously going to impact on the players that we are able to bring in, however I would personally have liked to see us go with more experience in the full back positions as we had before with Koral and Russy and although this might sound a bit harsh I've always felt that going with very young players is a slight cop out in terms of that it's hard to really criticize young players in the same way that we would an older experienced player so as a fanbase it becomes easier to except poor performances because of the 'they're only young lads still learning the game' mentality

Of course though I hope I'm completely wrong on this and hope that we can exceed my prediction as we did last season and I will be fully behind the lads again this season

Last edited:
Just sat in spoons until we cast our eyes and give our Full support to the new team In sunny Llandudno

How can anyone be underwhelmed without actually seeing them play?
We have a small budget, and lots of teams around us paying more money and creaming off the players. Who is going to come to us? In the NWCFL we were a bigger club in a smaller league which gave us some attraction, the opposite is now true.
Therefore, the management have to go with younger, (hopefully) hungrier players. No offence to last year’s squad, but the experienced players some are talking about here didn’t massively shine at the higher level. We have to trust in the management, and also give them some credit that a small budget is not going to get us a big name, so it can’t be easy for them - I’m sure if they had the choice, they’d be announcing 5 new big name signings for you. Good start today by the way, Vics only scraped past them last week.

No offence to last year’s squad, but the experienced players some are talking about here didn’t massively shine at the higher level.
I think that's one advantage we have this season - the retained players know what to expect regarding training & travelling. I don't expect us to lose players for that reason which should give us a more settled squad.

I might be the only one, but I find comments on here and other social media sites joking about pronouncing new players names uncomfortable. For me it has slightly unpleasant undertones. No one should feel their name is something to make fun of, especially if it is a sign of their heritage - something they and us should be proud of. If you are having to announce names, quietly learn them and do your best to get them right. This is someone’s name.

Back