• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Squad update

It's a shame but unfortunately was always likely to happen when you have a partnership like this with a much higher league club, we are seen as the development club that will take these players and train them and make them better for someone else 🤨😏, I don't personally really see the benefit to us as it's hard to make any long term plans if you're not sure when a certain player in this position is going to get recalled, on the plus side it should give more chance for Sam Adilotoye who imo should be getting a lot more minutes than he does get, either way though I think that we need to bring in another central midfield player as cover unless we're going to move Jack Irlam back there which doesn't seem likely until we bring in a striker

It's a shame but unfortunately was always likely to happen when you have a partnership like this with a much higher league club, we are seen as the development club that will take these players and train them and make them better for someone else 🤨😏, I don't personally really see the benefit to us as it's hard to make any long term plans if you're not sure when a certain player in this position is going to get recalled, on the plus side it should give more chance for Sam Adilotoye who imo should be getting a lot more minutes than he does get, either way though I think that we need to bring in another central midfield player as cover unless we're going to move Jack Irlam back there which doesn't seem likely until we bring in a striker
It’s a tricky one this Josh. Agree 100% re your point about the downsides of the relationship we have with Salford and the risk of players being recalled.

But on the flip side it does give us the opportunity of having some talented young lads play for us.

My understanding is that at this time of year clubs are going to have to make decisions re whether to offer the likes of Jacob and Alfie Henderson a full time contract for next season. So they’ve probably recalled Jacob as part of this process.

Another upside of us dipping into the loan market or developing a good relationship with clubs such as Salford is that if the likes of Jacob, Sam etc aren’t offered a full time deal, then we’ve already got an existing relationship with that player which might give us an advantage over other clubs who might also be interested in signing him.

Jamal Crawford has signed for Linnets. I don't think he's playing tomorrow.

And as well as Reece we've brought in Ben Collins, a left-back & Nathan Baker.
I think Nathan's a defender as well.

Reactions: Tez
Jamal Crawford has signed for Linnets. I don't think he's playing tomorrow.

And as well as Reece we've brought in Ben Collins, a left-back & Nathan Baker.
I think Nathan's a defender as well.
Interesting comments in tonight’s newsletter from
Bo and Goody re Jamal

“certain promises swayed his decision…….we had spoken about the future with him which he was receptive to, but as with all players we can’t offer any guarantees regarding places in the team and in all honesty, we had some issues through the season with reactions to decisions, and time keeping, so that possibly was another factor for him.”

We've signed Nyle Ellis, a forward.
He's been playing in Cyprus & has also appeared for Curzon Ashton

Presumably for additional game time? Big boost for Avro’s promotion push though.

Attachments

• 4B1495CB-74C9-4873-96A6-9DE30841F02F.jpeg
    4B1495CB-74C9-4873-96A6-9DE30841F02F.jpeg
    179.6 KB · Views: 32
Presumably for additional game time? Big boost for Avro’s promotion push though.
I personally can't figure out why we're not playing Callum at 10 with Joe Woolley on the wing, whenever Callum does get a game it's always on the wing where he just isn't effective

Back