• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Squad update

Graham Spencer

Legend
Jul 31, 2013
Just checking, is it Monday when we start to get news on who is joining our squad ?
Ryan Jackson has signed for Vic’s, he is in their line up today

Interesting signing. I don't think he got much game time at Winsford last year.

I believe Tuesday might be the day of player announcements.

Jamie Reed has been appointed player-coach so he's the first confirmed signing.
I think he's recently gained his UEFA A licence.
His experience should be really useful to us as a forwards coach.
Possibly the biggest problem for us this year will be to find a replacement for Phil!

You might have seen this in the newsletter, but if not.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Looks like we will have a younger squad next season which was probably needed( along side some experienced players, wolley jones Reed etc), hopefully they can make the step up. Harry Cain with us?

Looks like we will have a younger squad next season which was probably needed( along side some experienced players, wolley jones Reed etc), hopefully they can make the step up. Harry Cain with us?
He wasn’t mentioned.

Massively underwhelming. Needed much new blood after last season to push on which doesn’t look to be forthcoming. Can’t see where the progress is here…seemingly happy to just welcome back the same squad season after season. If anything the squad if looking like going backwards with the losses sustained this summer.

There are new additions mentioned to be fair, along with some of the 21’s making a step up, I’d interpret that as “new blood”. And obviously not everyone has returned, so we haven’t really welcomed back all of last season’s squad imo ??‍♂️

Massively underwhelming. Needed much new blood after last season to push on which doesn’t look to be forthcoming. Can’t see where the progress is here…seemingly happy to just welcome back the same squad season after season. If anything the squad if looking like going backwards with the losses sustained this summer.
Just Announced about 5 new players with potentially more to come, off the top of my head would say the squad now is quite different to the promotion squad. At this level don’t think anyone is going to know enough about the players we bring in to be underwhelmed, after ten games or so sure we might have a better idea. Our budget is also bottom half , so young players might be the best bet, let’s see.

Just Announced about 5 new players with potentially more to come, off the top of my head would say the squad now is quite different to the promotion squad. At this level don’t think anyone is going to know enough about the players we bring in to be underwhelmed, after ten games or so sure we might have a better idea. Our budget is also bottom half , so young players might be the best bet, let’s see.
Probably close to the bottom in terms of budget compared to others in this Division.

In the bottom two budget-wise I think they said.

Again not setting the bar too low before we’ve kicked a ball, but finishing out of the bottom four would be a successful season. That’s the reality. We may of course fare better or alternatively we could have the unwanted “excitement” of a relegation/promotion play off game (hopefully not?)???‍♂️

Again not setting the bar too low before we’ve kicked a ball, but finishing out of the bottom four would be a successful season. That’s the reality. We may of course fare better or alternatively we could have the unwanted “excitement” of a relegation/promotion play off game (hopefully not?)???‍♂️
Agreed again, which makes me think the thread about football in Northwich on the other part of this forum might have some traction eventually/ inevitably, as much as I enjoy watching 74. Would say separate to that our management is way way above bottom two , so we will be ok ??

Tony Aghayere (GK)
Ellis Allen (GK) ?
Ollie Broe ?
Liam Buckley ?
Matty Fenton
Mark Jones
Markell Fouldes
Jack Marrow ?
Matt Woolley ©️
Fenton Green ?
Jack Irlam
Harry Walker ?
Cal Gardner
Isaac Noble (U21)
Raeece Ellington (U21)
Kenzy O’Neill
Joe Woolley
Ash Woods ?
Jamie Reed

There a number of players on trial too, with more coming to join in the coming weeks.

We needed to freshen up the squad, and the new lads are all very talented, from what I’ve seen at training Fenton Green looks a huge coup for the club.

See you all soon?⚫

No actual announcements on Twitter about the squad, just a couple of snippets on the weekly E Mail.
not sure why that is, but hopefully we are just keeping everything quite and under wraps
looks like a very young squad, which is good from a fitness and energy perspective, but maybe the issue could be lack of experience?
Let’s hope we can do enough to avoid being dragged into any bottom of the table battles
all the very best for the new season boys !

Reactions: Tez
Tony Aghayere (GK)
Ellis Allen (GK) ?
Ollie Broe ?
Liam Buckley ?
Matty Fenton
Mark Jones
Markell Fouldes
Jack Marrow ?
Matt Woolley ©️
Fenton Green ?
Jack Irlam
Harry Walker ?
Cal Gardner
Isaac Noble (U21)
Raeece Ellington (U21)
Kenzy O’Neill
Joe Woolley
Ash Woods ?
Jamie Reed

There a number of players on trial too, with more coming to join in the coming weeks.

We needed to freshen up the squad, and the new lads are all very talented, from what I’ve seen at training Fenton Green looks a huge coup for the club.

See you all soon?⚫
Good post, what position does Fenton Green play ? He has a fantastic name ??

Back