• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Simmo

Do we know where is off to next?

He has been fantastic delivering a balanced and unbiased reports across all sports in and around mid cheshire

Has he gone to WAFC as their press officer ?

Good supportive friend of the club, in sometimes trying circumstances. While the comment might be intended in jest Archie, I for one find it somewhat disingenuous toward an individual who has worked hard to cover a wide range of local sport and the Guardian will all the worse for his departure.

He will be a loss. In the 30 odd years I have lived here we have been lucky to have some very good sports reporters with Simmo, Mike Talbot-Butler and John Buckley but I think Simmo was the best - he wrote on everything and is clearly held in high regard by local sportsmen of all persuasions. And he has supported us very well since inception.

Indeed Richard, he covered many aspects of local sport and news generally. His hard work and enthusiasm will never be replaced, I feel sure; something many individuals around Md-Cheshire will perhaps have time to rue; a case of (in a Dickensian sporting version) of Guardian Future? ..... For some individuals/clubs the old adage, “be careful what you wish for”, has come home to roost?

A loss to the whole gamut of sports across mid-Cheshire, and one which will be felt by the many clubs not just in football who benefitted from his energy and endeavours in ensuring they received coverage both in the paper and online, as well as via an at times hyperactive twiter feed.

He will be a loss. In the 30 odd years I have lived here we have been lucky to have some very good sports reporters with Simmo, Mike Talbot-Butler and John Buckley but I think Simmo was the best - he wrote on everything and is clearly held in high regard by local sportsmen of all persuasions. And he has supported us very well since inception.
Different eras, Richard. But agree that we have been blessed to have had three excellent sports reporters you name there that have covered local sport so well and passionately over the years. If the next one is half as good that will do for me.

Has he gone to WAFC as their press officer ?
I'd have him like a shot at WAFC, as no doubt would you too !!! lol :)

An absolutely top bloke as well as a great reporter. Not sure what happened, but his twitter account hints at something not good with the officials at NUJ being involved. Whatever he does I hope it brings him every success (PS he was head and shoulders better than Mike Talbot Butler)

Good supportive friend of the club, in sometimes trying circumstances. While the comment might be intended in jest Archie, I for one find it somewhat disingenuous toward an individual who has worked hard to cover a wide range of local sport and the Guardian will all the worse for his departure.
My apologies for any offence caused by my comment , which was intended as a humorous take on things.. I do, of course endorse the sentiments of the many comments in the thread and wish Andy all the best in whatever venture he undertakes in the future.

Back