• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Shelley semi final

Edge

Administrator
Forum Staff
5 Game Player
Jun 24, 2013
A 6-1 win with goals from the front three and the skipper.
No idea what happened as I wasn't there

Final at Runcorn in 3 weeks

Played well today, good way to bounce back after Tuesday.

In the final now and a change to defend the league cup title.

Fair play to Shelley, even when they were beaten in the second half they didn’t give up.

With the attendance being capped at 300 currently, will the tickets be shared 150 per club for the final?

Considering it’s the final of its cup competition you’d anticipate that the league might want a portion of the allocation for neutrals?

Yes much better a good win and decent crowd, credit to the stand in keeper who had a good laugh with fans behind the goal.
Let's hope there are enough tickets to go round for the final.

Yes much better a good win and decent crowd, credit to the stand in keeper who had a good laugh with fans behind the goal.
Let's hope there are enough tickets to go round for the final.
Quite agree. The stand in keeper exhibited an excellent attitude throughout. What a contrast to the pillock in Rylands goal the other night !

That’s more like it, some good finishes and great assist from Taylor, will echo the above Shelley players a credit to their club, good Yorkshire lads.

Much better performance than Tuesday but must bear in mind Shelley were down to 10 men for a large part of the game and they are a league lower than us. I’m still a little concerned re our defence which looked a bit lost at times but sure that can be rectified.
Hopefully our confidence will have improved for the final - a much more difficult task.

Yes a good game to watch and such a shame their goalie got sent off which changed the game massively in our favour. I am sure we would have won as things were certainly going our way before they went down to 10 men. Also I thought that the ball hit the goalie on the chest/chin, but he did have his hands up either side of him.

Some great goals also from our team which added to the entertainment from the stand-in goalie.

I respect of the tickets for the final, this will be difficult under the current Covid guidelines. 300 max with probably 140 each and 20 "guests" maybe?? What would happen if the final was at say Runcorn Linnets? Would 400 be allowed? I don't know?

Can’t understand why it’s not at a neutral venue?

NWCFL say there’s not enough time to secure a neutral venue. Surely right now there’s numerous local clubs who would snatch your hand off to host this and get some money in to their clubs?

Can’t understand why it’s not at a neutral venue?

NWCFL say there’s not enough time to secure a neutral venue. Surely right now there’s numerous local clubs who would snatch your hand off to host this and get some money in to their clubs?
See my reply elsewhere re the Halton Stadium

Back