• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Selby game

pdw

Too much time on my hands
Jul 28, 2013
Decent passing performance this afternoon and we could have 8 or 9 but for being so wasteful.
The only downside for me was the size of the crowd with only 180 bothering, the afternoon off the pitch was well organised so well done to all.
Witton pulled over 440 so the masks didn't put them off.
At least we won't draw vics in the next round.

Reactions: Ben
Witton aren't wearing masks yet - CWAC will be visiting them soon I'd expect.

I'm not sure what to make of today as the atmosphere was a bit odd & Shelby were dreadful.
We should have scored twice as many & with a centre forward I think we would have done.

£725 for winning today as well

Sizeable drop from the FA cup and League cup game.

Hopefully the council will reconsider their OTT requirements, and the damage it will do

Decent passing performance this afternoon and we could have 8 or 9 but for being so wasteful.
The only downside for me was the size of the crowd with only 180 bothering, the afternoon off the pitch was well organised so well done to all.
Witton pulled over 440 so the masks didn't put them off.
At least we won't draw vics in the next round.
I think that Scarborough would have brought a few to WP

Sizeable drop from the FA cup and League cup game.

Hopefully the council will reconsider their OTT requirements, and the damage it will do
Andy - I suspect that we are going to have to agree to disagree on this one. The measures that have been put in place by the club and council seem proportionate given the limited capacity and cover at Townfield.

Because it is a bigger ground WP does have the ability to provide a greater level of social distancing than Townfield.

Witton aren't wearing masks yet - CWAC will be visiting them soon I'd expect.

I'm not sure what to make of today as the atmosphere was a bit odd & Shelby were dreadful.
We should have scored twice as many & with a centre forward I think we would have done.

£725 for winning today as well
Direction from WAFC is actually pretty clear re arrangements in the social club and ground but is different from our own in that face masks only need to be worn in certain areas and not others.

But this is in accordance with their own risk assessment and I think understandable given the size of WP and the better chance of providing adequate social distancing than we can at Townfield.

I was concerned about going to the match today and was prepared to lave if I felt unsafe. But I think the steps the club took and the attitude of those who attended re social distancing and wearing face coverings it felt really safe. It was just a shame that Selby were so poor (apart from the goalie who had a pretty good game).

A great win and well done to the club for organising their procedures so well. I work in a job where we write risk-assessment after risk-assessment due to changing advice and I know what it’s like. Thank you to everyone at the club for everything they are doing in such challenging times.

I was a bit unsure about going today but arrangements seemed good and I managed to keep required distance with all abiding by the rules. Well done to club for this.
Disappointing attendance but a lot of reasons for people not to go at present.
As far as game was concerned we made hard work of beating a very poor team apart from their goalkeeper. Lots of possession but finishing poor. Agree lack of proper centre forward didn’t help.
Didn’t have too much to contend with in defence today but there were odd signs of frailty which concerns me for more difficult games. We shall see.

Some lovely football played yesterday and those that missed it did miss out on a great passing display. Having said that I agree with comments above that Selby were very poor and we won't be able to do that against stiffer opposition.

Sam Hind really impressed yesterday so well done to him, he was my MoM.

We'll we will see tomorrow if we can go to Barnoldswick. If we can I'll see everyone there.

Looking at the Barlick Twitter, it would seem away fans will be able to attend but are encouraged to book tickets in advance. Not sure about whether there will be a requirement to wear a mask though.

On another note, where is Joel Brownhill?

Looking at the Barlick Twitter, it would seem away fans will be able to attend but are encouraged to book tickets in advance. Not sure about whether there will be a requirement to wear a mask though.

On another note, where is Joel Brownhill?
Joel Brownhill along with L Brownhill played for Spalding yesterday

Merseyside is the only area which has gone into tier three restrictions but Lancashire and mid Cheshire remains the same after the restrictions, that’s my understanding. No mention of travel bans so presumably the game is on tomorrow?

Back