• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Scott Mcgowan

Stevo snr

Aug 2, 2013
I hear that Scott left us in the lurch tonight against Leek town, to play out his last year for Macclesfield and score goals at a lower level. Mac need him because they are worried about the competition, and are desperate to gain promotion then they'll drop him like a lead balloon. What do you all think?

I hear that Scott left us in the lurch tonight against Leek town, to play out his last year for Macclesfield and score goals at a lower level. Mac need him because they are worried about the competition, and are desperate to gain promotion then they'll drop him like a lead balloon. What do you all think?
I don’t think we can blame him for moving to a club that is playing in front of large crowds. Yes, they’re chucking the money around but it would be hard for any footballer at this level to turndown. Good luck to him.
Our squad is now thin on the ground, low in confidence and some struggling at this level. Will be interesting to see how the managers react. We may need some new faces - and not new (old) faces.

Good luck to him, Macc appear desperate for promotion. Interesting that a couple of years ago they hadn’t got two half pennies to rub together and bankrupt…now they appear to be splashing the cash with ease. That’s football I guess!

Can’t blame him, great facilities, big crowd and increased wages
We now need to look at how we fill the gap and maybe think about a plan B, with a target man to hold the ball up
Its clear we need a couple of signings or loan players from higher up and that can bring a more physical presence

Sorry I posted this, totally out of character, I arrived home last night after the game and had a few drinks, then got the news on messenger

Sorry I posted this, totally out of character, I arrived home last night after the game and had a few drinks, then got the news on messenger
Think it was a natural first reaction, Steve. I wouldn’t worry ?

Good luck to him, Macc appear desperate for promotion. Interesting that a couple of years ago they hadn’t got two half pennies to rub together and bankrupt…now they appear to be splashing the cash with ease. That’s football I guess!
But will they ever learn? The reason that the old club went bump is they traded in an unsustainable manner. Yet here they are splashing the cash again! They really don’t need to spend the amounts that they are allegedly doing to win the NWCFL.

And yes, they might be getting good gates at the moment and ditto income, but what will happen in a few years time if they find themselves, say, in the NPL Premier paying high wages on lower gates (we know from
experience that the novelty of being a new club does wear off after a while).

But will they ever learn? The reason that the old club went bump is they traded in an unsustainable manner. Yet here they are splashing the cash again! They really don’t need to spend the amounts that they are allegedly doing to win the NWCFL.

And yes, they might be getting good gates at the moment and ditto income, but what will happen in a few years time if they find themselves, say, in the NPL Premier paying high wages on lower gates (we know from
experience that the novelty of being a new club does wear off after a while).
You will recall that he returned to 84 to test himself in the higher league, but regrettably, as we saw, that desire was not to be as the majority of clubs we played proved above him in my opinion , he will continue to score well with MACC.

Disappointing to see Scottie go, but money talks; he has nothing to prove in the NWCFL as he has been there and done that ...... I agree with Frank in that he has struggled moving up into the NPL with physically bigger Centre backs who are a bit more game savvy!

It will be interesting to see what happens next....

I don’t think you have anything to apologise for.

I’m pretty certain he moved to Nantwich to test himself at a higher level. Now it would seem taking a demotion isn’t so bad. Strange that.

It wasn’t obvious he was scaring defences at our level. We’d have been unlikely to look for a replacement though so I choose to view it all as a blessing in disguise. I’ll certainly be cheering him on for at least two games he plays at Macc!!

I don’t think you have anything to apologise for.

I’m pretty certain he moved to Nantwich to test himself at a higher level. Now it would seem taking a demotion isn’t so bad. Strange that.

It wasn’t obvious he was scaring defences at our level. We’d have been unlikely to look for a replacement though so I choose to view it all as a blessing in disguise. I’ll certainly be cheering him on for at least two games he plays at Macc!!
To be fair he hadn’t had much in the way of service as he was used to in the NWCFL. But on the flip side he never gave us a chance to see if he could acquit himself at this level.

But let’s not pull any punches here. He’s gone for the money. I can’t blame him for that - this is the way of the world in football after all - but the words that he said to Andy Simpson a few weeks ago and that were published in the NLP do sound insincere and very hollow.

I suspect that there maybe more to come out about this story. Echoes of the Greg Hall move to Witton methinks….

Back