• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 News Scott McGowan

Edge

Administrator
Forum Staff
5 Game Player
Jun 24, 2013
We’re sad to announce the departure of our record goal scorer Scott McGowan, who will be joining Northern Premier League side Nantwich Town. After playing for the club over the last five years, Scott showed his prolific nature scoring 132 goals in 192 games. Whilst suffering an interrupted first spell with the club, Wayne and ... Read more

Continue reading...

Sorry to see you leave 1874, Scott. But thanks for the memories and most importantly all the goals, especially the hat trick against Vics! Whilst wishing you every success at Nantwich, you will always be welcome back at Townfield, either as a player or spectator.

Good luck Scotty I’m sure you’ll do well at Nantwich. Thanks for the memories. I’ll be looking out for your name on their score sheet! The sad thing is that you shouldn’t have had to leave to play at a higher level if we had been rightly promoted at the end of last season.

Correct Les, the day before the season starting is not ideal was scotty on contract.

Good luck Scotty I’m sure you’ll do well at Nantwich. Thanks for the memories. I’ll be looking out for your name on their score sheet! The sad thing is that you shouldn’t have had to leave to play at a higher level if we had been rightly promoted at the end of last season.
interestingly, there has been no mention of Scotty’s signing on the Dabbers web-site and he wasn’t even on the bench yesterday.

Obviously wish Scotty all the best at Nantwich and thank him for all his efforts over the last few years.... in terms of replacing him, I'm sure Goodie and Bow have known about this for a few weeks now and will have someone suitable lined up to replace him.... remember how when MVB 'retired' we weren't sure how we could replace him.... but we did!!

COYG!!

I see Scotty made it 5 goals in his last 2 games at Wincham Park last night as Witton were dumped out of the Trophy.
Mike Koral on the bench & Greg in goal for the Dabbers.

Back