• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 News Scott McGowan rejoins 1874 Northwich after leaving Macclesfield

Edge

Administrator
Forum Staff
5 Game Player
Jun 24, 2013
SCOTT McGowan has returned to 1874 Northwich after his spell with Macclesfield came to an end earlier this week.

Continue reading...

Reactions: Ben
Not sure about this. Much that I had lots of respect for Scotty most of it evaporated earlier in the season in the way he left us.

A goal scorer for sure but not the force of old on his last few games for us. We'll have to wait and see how he is used with Jamie Reed and Ash already in place.

Welcome back Scott.

I’d like to see him play up top with Reed. Could potentially be a very exciting front two! Not forgetting Ash either who has been great for us.

It’s a nice dilemma to have.

Yet again another wonderful bit of business from the board and management.
Those who wanted him back will be delighted.
Those who spat out their dummies when he left would have been devastated if he’d gone to a rival.
How the hell Macc didn’t get the best out of him baffles me , his goal at Clitheroe this season will live with me as one of the best ever team moves and finish of all time.

I also think it`s a good move by the club - how can signing a proven goal scorer not be a good move . I`m sure a lot of other clubs would have been keen on signing him and I think it will be interesting to see how he plays alongside Jamie Reed. If they can link up with Mackenzie we could see some very entertaining games in the future. As for how he left the club we all all make decisions that we think are for the best at the time but that don`t always work out - look at that fiasco in Australia with Novax Jockitch I`m sure that is going to create problems for him for a very long time.

Competition for places and cover for injuries is always a good thing

Yet again another wonderful bit of business from the board and management.
Those who wanted him back will be delighted.
Those who spat out their dummies when he left would have been devastated if he’d gone to a rival.
How the hell Macc didn’t get the best out of him baffles me , his goal at Clitheroe this season will live with me as one of the best ever team moves and finish of all time.
And exactly whom were those who “spat out their dummies”?

I, like many others, were far from happy about the way Scott left the club. But I never blamed him for taking the ££ that Macc were offering. He’s got a young family and bills to pay after all.

So, am I happy to see him back? Well, from a purely footballing standpoint the answer has to be yes. I mean, he is our record goalscorer after all! And with him, Ash and Jamie now to pick from, Bo and Goody have some nice selection problems.

From what has been said by Scott himself, he seems to realise that the manner in which he left was wrong and I think we should accept his mea culpa, particularly given that the rest of the players and the management team appear to be happy in him returning to the club.

So I think that the best way forward is to accept that things like this happen in life and we all just need to move on - and hopefully it won’t be too long before he’s banging in the goals for us again.

Back