• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Saturday start ???

That's the reality of Covid @Ben
People die.
They do and every death is tragic and sad but people die of a lot of things @Edge. Covid was ranked as the 24th biggest killer in August. During the last three months, less people have been dying than the five year average. And what about the experts who are saying far more people will die from lockdowns in the long term than of Covid itself?

I could go to a football match with a cold or cough and put people at risk, that doesn’t stop people. Let people assess their own risk. If you’re frightened then fair enough but don’t impose that fear on other people. Is someone healthy from Manchester really any more risk than an ill person from Cheshire going to a game?
If “don’t kill granny” is the best argument someone can make then the quality of debate is poor. Very poor.

They do and every death is tragic and sad but people die of a lot of things @Edge. Covid was ranked as the 24th biggest killer in August. During the last three months, less people have been dying than the five year average. And what about the experts who are saying far more people will die from lockdowns in the long term than of Covid itself?

I could go to a football match with a cold or cough and put people at risk, that doesn’t stop people. Let people assess their own risk. If you’re frightened then fair enough but don’t impose that fear on other people. Is someone healthy from Manchester really any more risk than an ill person from Cheshire going to a game?
If “don’t kill granny” is the best argument someone can make then the quality of debate is poor. Very poor.
Oh, so ‘don’t kill granny’ is a crap argument? Tell that to the families who lost loved ones living in care homes Ben. I think that might have a different view to you on this matter

To keep the thread on track, of the game is going ahead, will it be the same as the last few games, tickets available to members first, then latter in general sale?

Reactions: Ben
I'll make enquires for tickets.
I'll guess it might be similar to Rylands/Shelley & open sale as it won't be a 50/50 split on the 300 tickets.

I'll make enquires for tickets.
I'll guess it might be similar to Rylands/Shelley & open sale as it won't be a 50/50 split on the 300 tickets.
Yes if you could please let me know also. Ta

Ashton Athletic have 3 players test positive & have called off all games until the 17th.

I'm not sure there's a single club that hasn't had either weather or Covid postponement yet.

Ashton Athletic have 3 players test positive & have called off all games until the 17th.

I'm not sure there's a single club that hasn't had either weather or Covid postponement yet.

Will the season ever get completed?
If not then why has it started?

Will the season ever get completed?
If not then why has it started?
To be fair there is no crystal ball. One thing that is for sure though is that it won’t finish if it doesn’t start.

I sit on the side of it probably not finishing. We’re still on the upward curve at the beginning of winter. Things are likely going to get worse before they get better.

I think the league tried to fill October with 20% of the seasonto try & miss the 2nd wave but it hit early.
How it pans out from here yet again I've no idea

I think the league tried to fill October with 20% of the seasonto try & miss the 2nd wave but it hit early.
How it pans out from here yet again I've no idea
You can’t blame the league for trying to get the season started. That is what all of us want. But if subsequently things are taken outside of their hands then at least they will have tried

The FA though need to make provisions now to decide the scenarios to decide the winners and promotions. If this happens.....null and void . If this happens.....points per game. If this happens .....we finish whatever date.

Not wait until March 2021!!!

I guess we just have to go with it and be thankful we have such a great board who put in so much hard work, the mask think especially outside will be a pain but it is what it is and looking forward to it.
Notice not many were wearing masks at vics on tuesday night.

I guess we just have to go with it and be thankful we have such a great board who put in so much hard work, the mask think especially outside will be a pain but it is what it is and looking forward to it.

If the mask requirement has come from the council, why aren’t all clubs in the area having to follow it?

Unfortunate, as it will put people off

I expect the council to be laying down the rules to all clubs.
They just got to us first, probably due to the timing of the Macron final

Ticket - check
Face Mask - check
6 gallons of Oxyl-Pro ‘kill nasty virus ? spray - check
Game on! ??

Is the rain going to ruin all the hard work put in.

A pitch inspection was done earlier & it was fine

Reactions: pdw
Back