• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Saturday start ???

Thing is all of this is guidance so it doesn’t have to be followed.

Being honest I don’t think anyone including the government are sure what’s going on right now!

Raises questions regarding the season as a whole...

Reactions: Ben
Interesting to note that Lower Breck, a Liverpool-based team, have announced their game against Ashton Town is on and spectators are allowed in.

Interesting to note that Lower Breck, a Liverpool-based team, have announced their game against Ashton Town is on and spectators are allowed in.
That of course may change in the next 24 hours. Depends what the local authority says/dictates.

Rylands have also stated their FA cup game is on.

Runcorn also postpone games ufn

A question - lots of teams in the non league pyramid including in our league have been able to get their game on today, why haven’t we?

A question - lots of teams in the non league pyramid including in our league have been able to get their game on today, why haven’t we?
Only conjecture on my part Ben, but there must be valid reasons why this decision has been taken. I’m sure that there are lots of things going on in the background that the Board are dealing with and that we will be advised of at the appropriate time.

But a point I’ve considered this am is how might we have been able to achieve the required social distancing at Townfield today given the dreadful weather?

I think the statement in this week’s newsletter gives us sufficient possible pointers as to why Ben, doesn’t it?

Why not message one of the Board if you need further clarification?

I think the statement in this week’s newsletter gives us sufficient possible pointers as to why Ben, doesn’t it?

Why not message one of the Board if you need further clarification?

Surely any further clarification should be done publicly rather than in private messages? I, and many others are wondering the same thing.

The government, the league and the council are ok with games going ahead. Seems to me we are putting ourselves at a disadvantage.

If an individual doesn’t feel comfortable attending a game at townfield in the rain, leave that decision to them to decide that they don’t want to go, rather than call the game off.

If a number of clubs take these decisions, it puts the league under more pressure to abandon the season.

Our club might be comfortable and survive having no season, but many clubs won’t.

In my opinion, get the games on, and leave it to individuals to decide whether they are comfortable in going.

CWAC were only happy for the game to go ahead behind closed doors.

Surely any further clarification should be done publicly rather than in private messages?

Not necessarily suggesting a private message, maybe I should’ve used the word contact instead. As to clarification, perhaps people need to clarify what additional information they require, which is over and above the information given out in the newsletter along with the statement on social media? The reasoning seemed pretty clear to me.

Correct me if I’m wrong but that statement didn’t say the council said we had to play behind closed doors but that conditions had to be met for the game to have spectators. Other clubs in more high-risk areas have got games on with fans in the ground, so maybe we’ve been a little over cautious here and more could have been done to get the game on? Not a criticism just a question.

I’m with Andy. There are a lot more high-risk activities than watching a game of football in the open air. The fact it’s raining is a pretty soddy justification, just bring an umbrella as Runcorn Linnets have advised on Twitter. Maybe we should leave this for individuals to decide. We have a lot of elderly fans amongst our fan base who may indeed feel less safe, so leave it up to them if they want to attend a game or not. Just think we could exercise more common sense here. We have to try and play the games and get the league season completed or we may never do. For some clubs the financial consequences of not doing so could be severe.

The club would be nothing (non-existent) without its “elderly” supporters who have put as much into the club (and the grounds) as anyone. Bit disrespectful and selfish to suggest it’s just tough on them. “I’m alright Jack bugger the rest of you” and all that. We should stage games when ALL fans can feel safe attending.

The club would be nothing (non-existent) without its “elderly” supporters who have put as much into the club (and the grounds) as anyone. Bit disrespectful and selfish to suggest it’s just tough on them. “I’m alright Jack bugger the rest of you” and all that. We should stage games when ALL fans can feel safe attending.
Nothing disrespectful and selfish about anything I’ve posted.

Seems a sensible enough suggestion to let an individual assess their own risk. I mentioned the elderly as they are widely viewed as being considerably more at risk with this virus. If someone doesn’t feel safe then they don’t need to attend games. Our club and many other clubs could face ourselves being non-existent if we go a sustained period of time without holding games.

There comes a time when the cure is worth than the risk and as a society we may have to reach those crossroads sooner rather than later. Life has to go on at some point.

That’s the point Nicki.

Let people regardless of age decide for themselves.

No one is better placed to decide what’s best for themselves more than the individual. It’s a bit patronising to suggest you know what’s best for them more than they do.

Back