• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Saturday start ???

Trevor

Legend
Aug 7, 2013
Do we know yet if we are still starting on Saturday or do we have to wait until Friday night for a decision ?? Sorry if I’ve missed any news about this but couldn’t see a thread about it .

Hopefully it’s on.
I’m not holding my breath, they deemed it unsafe for the two teams to play last week.

Reactions: Ben
If Halton BC is still in a period of heightened restriction, then i can't see how the game can go ahead.... especially if nothing has fundamentally changed

If Halton BC is still in a period of heightened restriction, then i can't see how the game can go ahead.... especially if nothing has fundamentally changed
The confusing thing is that as CWaC isn’t (yet) in an area of heightened restrictions, then there doesn’t appear to be any advice regarding people attending football matches.

Therefore, at present I’d don’t see any justification to call the game off - ditto the Bootle game on Tuesday.

But from a public health, risk and common-sense point of view it would seem strange if it goes ahead...

.....strange days indeed.

Halton Borough council have granted linnets a go ahead for Saturday's Fa cup match, have infection rates dropped there since Saturday?

But in the NWC it’s generally the same 250 people mixing at a game regardless of whether it is at Barnton or Runcorn.

The game should go ahead, as should have last Saturday. Don’t have much faith in the League, though.

Reactions: Ben
Halton residents can come here but need to keep to the rule of six so unless we play 5 a side I can’t see how this can be done, I know the CWAC are looking at starting more restrictions and that also could happen before Saturday which could change the rules again. I can’t see the league starting with any common sense but as we know it’s not the leagues strong point but with half the league in lockdown how can it.

You’d think the league would have made a decision three days before a game but then everything usually is last minute...

As it stands there are no restrictions stopping fans from attending games in Cheshire, and even in areas of restrictions (hate the term local lockdown), nothing is mandatory and rather advisory.

I see no reason to not go ahead with the game but I don’t have much faith either in the league to make a common sense decision.

The trouble is it's not up to the league.
They've followed the guidelines. The clubs have done everything asked of them but then it's the local authorities that have the final say.

You’d think the league would have made a decision three days before a game but then everything usually is last minute...

As it stands there are no restrictions stopping fans from attending games in Cheshire, and even in areas of restrictions (hate the term local lockdown), nothing is mandatory and rather advisory.

I see no reason to not go ahead with the game but I don’t have much faith either in the league to make a common sense decision.
I think that your view re the NWCFL is badly misjudged Ben. My experiences are nothing less than positive. They are a very professional, hard working team who are very well regarded on the football world.

One of the problems is that they have 60 member clubs all of who come under different councils and their areas are subject to differing restrictions. For instance, I did a bit of a back of a fag packet calculation today and of the 20 premier league clubs I I reckon only 5 - us, Vics, Winsford, Whitchurch and Congleton are in areas which aren’t (yet) in areas which are subject to tighter restrictions.

You do wonder how CWAC will react to this, given that Runcorn & Bootle are out first 2 home games

And the CWAC figures have been updated if you used the link in my last post - D/M/K added another 4 cases yesterday - a 5% increase on the previous day.

Would just be good to have clarity from the authorities.
Two days before we’re due to start the season, none of us for sure know what’s going on.

New measures just announced for Liverpool, no mention of Halton

No indoor household mixing or non-essential travel
Mr Hancock confirms the new rules for the Liverpool City Region, Warrington, Hartlepool and Middlesbrough are as follows:
  • Recommendation against all social mixing between people in different households
  • Regulations to be brought in to prevent social mixing between different households anywhere apart from outdoor public spaces such as parks and outdoor hospitality settings
  • Recommendation people should not attend professional or amateur sporting events as spectators
  • Recommendation people only visit care homes in "exceptional circumstances"
  • And guidance against all but essential travel, such as going to work or school
Guidance & recommendations against travel/sports - not a ban. Which really doesn't help us for Saturday & Tuesday

Cases in Warrington have fallen for 3/4 days in a row now.
Not sure why it’s been lumped in with Liverpool.

Not good news for Rylands who should be hosting York in the FA cup on Saturday

New measures just announced for Liverpool, no mention of Halton

No indoor household mixing or non-essential travel
Mr Hancock confirms the new rules for the Liverpool City Region, Warrington, Hartlepool and Middlesbrough are as follows:
  • Recommendation against all social mixing between people in different households
  • Regulations to be brought in to prevent social mixing between different households anywhere apart from outdoor public spaces such as parks and outdoor hospitality settings
  • Recommendation people should not attend professional or amateur sporting events as spectators
  • Recommendation people only visit care homes in "exceptional circumstances"
  • And guidance against all but essential travel, such as going to work or school
Guidance & recommendations against travel/sports - not a ban. Which really doesn't help us for Saturday & Tuesday
Unfortunately for me Halton is within the Liverpool City Region.

Back