• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Rylands 18-4-22

Edge

Administrator
Forum Staff
5 Game Player
Jun 24, 2013
A narrow defeat to the champions-elect in front of 415.

Neither keeper really had anything to do & nil-nil would probably have been a fair result. Pity about their bloke scoring a screamer.

Not sure what was wrong with the pitch as most Rylands players seemed to fall over a lot.

Players put in a good shift and we pretty much held our own against the leagues top team I thought. Excellent goal to win it but a pity we didn’t take one of the three chances we had in the first 15 mins. Agree neither goalkeeper had much to do. Enjoyable game nevertheless. That’s my season ended away next week. Just hope we can find some strikers for next season.

Thought the lads put in a real shift today. Competed very well against top of the league. Had a few decent chances to score at the start. Deserved a point and would have done were it not for a great goal from them. So no complaints from me.

Here’s hoping for a big following away at Mossley to give the team the great send off they deserve for their efforts this season. COYG

Yes needed to have taken one of the early chances but as said very few chances after and don't remember us having any on target after that point, didn't think the subs changed the game for us either.
A decent crowd as well to finish at home and we must do better at townfield next season, won't miss playing rylands at all.

We played really well today and I was surprised at how poor Rylands were. In the first half they failed to get a player into our box with ball at his feet at any time. We created by far the best chances and I can only assume they had a bit of an off day. But that’s what top teams do I suppose is to win when they’re not at their best.

Reactions: Ben
A narrow defeat to the champions-elect in front of 415.

Neither keeper really had anything to do & nil-nil would probably have been a fair result. Pity about their bloke scoring a screamer.

Not sure what was wrong with the pitch as most Rylands players seemed to fall over a lot.

We were not beaten by a better side, we gave the game away in the first ten minutes by the missed two headers that were there for the taking, to miss from feet away confuses me!, we were the better side, this view was also expressed by Rylands supporters near me !

agree with that Frank
we were by far the better side and if we had scored early on we would have gone on to win the game
they will need to strengthen the team if they go up, as a few of their lads on show today we poor
how the hell their number 5 gets a game god only knows, what a lump

In depth match report from the Guardian.

I think this guy saw a different game. Agree with all our previous comments, needed to score when we were well on top in the first 15 mins.
Fenton again immense in defence but didn't understand why he continued to throw long as he never reached our players against the wind.
A brilliant step up from Kendal and deserved at least a draw.

See everyone on Saturday.

I think this guy saw a different game. Agree with all our previous comments, needed to score when we were well on top in the first 15 mins.
Fenton again immense in defence but didn't understand why he continued to throw long as he never reached our players against the wind.
A brilliant step up from Kendal and deserved at least a draw.

See everyone on Saturday.
Not having been to the game I cannot comment on it. But, from what I have seen from 74 over the whole season it is normally the opposition who resort to niggly, and not so niggly, fouls. And clearly although this is from the "Northwich" Guardian it is aimed at the Warrington readership and again shows what a dreadful rag the NG has become.

View of the game from the Rylands website, they really will be no loss if they win it.

One point ahead of your nearest challengers at the top of the table all you have to do is win, and that is what Warrington Rylands did on Easter Monday.

A nervous-looking Rylands team struggled to get going against spirited opponents who were content to spoil and disrupt a scrappy game the only moment of quality settled the game.

After one of many niggly fouls, Dean Furman delivered a free-kick into the 1874 box, the home side only cleared the ball as far as the edge of their area where it was met by on the volley by Rick Smith who drove the ball through a packed area into the net.

1874 Northwich who has started the game much the better could have taken the lead in the 2nd minute when Mike Koral’s cross found Jamie Reed unmarked at the far post. With the goal at his mercy, he headed wide from close range.

The home side were on top for most of the first half creating several more opportunities to open the scoring, Matt Fenton, Joe Woolley and Callum Gardner going close.

On the stroke of halftime 1874 goalkeeper, Tony Aghayere tipped a Paddy Lacey shot over the bar as he did five minutes into the second half.

A few minutes later Aghayere punched a dangerous Johhny Hunt free-kick as far as Callum Dolan whose shot just cleared the bar. Dolan went close on two further occasions flashing a shot across the face of the goal and later curling a shot just wide.

Rylands had a penalty turned down by referee Richard Abson when Aghayere clearly clipped Steve Irwin in the box; Irwin was booked for diving instead.

1874 dominated the later stages of the game but could not find a way past a strong resolute Rylands defence which held firm to claim the win and the three points which maintain their place at the top of the table.

1874 Aghayere, Koral, Kennerley, Fenton, Jones, Hare, J. Woolley (McGowan), M. Woolley Reed, Irlam, Gardner (O’Neill). Subs: Foulds, Graham, Hough.

RYLANDS McCall, Neild, Hunt, Smith, Egerton, Buxton, Lacey, Furman, Dolan (Tinning), Scarisbrick (Irwin), Drummond (Bakkor). Subs Walker, Hughes

GOAL – Rylands Smith 40

ATTENDANCE 415 REFEREE Richard Abson

That's not a bad match report, just fails to mention they were the ones committing the niggly fouls.

And having watched the VEO footage it was never a freekick for their goal.

A good crowd that included Robbie Savage and Jacko. He was just parking his Lamborghini when I arrived!

Back