• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Relegation

Les Esling

Legend
Aug 3, 2013
Can someone please explain to me exactly how relegation from our current league is worked out. I understand that the bottom 2 clubs are relegated and that has already been settled with Kendal and Market Drayton already down. What I don't understand is what happens to the third from bottom club.

At the start of the season all 3rd bottom step 4 clubs were to play-off against step 5 clubs.

That changed before Xmas & now only 2 (I think) step 4 clubs have to play-off. The others are safe & most step 5 play-off clubs go straight up

At least I think that's what's happening

At the start of the season all 3rd bottom step 4 clubs were to play-off against step 5 clubs.

That changed before Xmas & now only 2 (I think) step 4 clubs have to play-off. The others are safe & most step 5 play-off clubs go straight up

At least I think that's what's happening
All bar two of the Step 4 third from bottom placed clubs are involved in a play-off against Step 5 runners up*
As things stand (and unlikely to change in my view) the likely third bottom of NPL 1 West will have one of the two superior ppg averages and so will be reprieved from relegation.

Best thing we can do is put any lingering doubts of finishing third from bottom to bed. I’m sure we’ll be able to do that with the bottom two still to play and a winnable game at Newcastle tomorrow night.

Looking at the fixtures, our run in isn’t too bad with the exception of title chasing Rylands at home.

IF we could win tomorrow and Saturday, it’s pretty much us over the line.

A big win putting us 7 points clear of that 3rd from bottom, with a game in hand too

Reactions: Ben
Back