• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Relegation goalposts moved

Edge

Administrator
Forum Staff
5 Game Player
Jun 24, 2013
The F.A. has decided to amend the promotion/relegation rules have way through the season. Bless them.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It would appear now it's two down & only two 3rd from bottom teams from 8 divisions go into a play-off.
Which is better than 2 down & 3rd & 4th bottom going to a play-off in all step 4 leagues.

At least I think that's what it saying.

Yes I was trying to get my head around it too. Looks like better odds of survival for us, should we find ourselves in that perilous position come April.
Do I read correctly that champions and runners-up in all Step 5 leagues gain promotion as of next season?

Not quite @Tez , but I might be wrong.

There are 16 step 5 leagues & I think 10 2nd place clubs get promoted via PPG now instead of play-offs with step 4 3rd/4th bottom clubs.
The other 6 runners up in step 5 play the 6 worst 3rd bottom step 4 sides.

Maybe.

Not quite @Tez , but I might be wrong.

There are 16 step 5 leagues & I think 10 2nd place clubs get promoted via PPG now instead of play-offs with step 4 3rd/4th bottom clubs.
The other 6 runners up in step 5 play the 6 worst 3rd bottom step 4 sides.

Maybe.
Think that’s the position at the end of this season. 2022/23 16 + 16, but could be a one off to balance the numbers.

Sorry @Tez you're right. I missed the as of next season

@Tez I've re-read it several times now.

I think from next season onwards it's the 16 step 5 champions that are promoted.
And the 16 2nd place sides play-off against 3rd/4th bottom sides in step 4

Which is what should have happened this season.

Reactions: Tez
The F.A. has decided to amend the promotion/relegation rules have way through the season. Bless them.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It would appear now it's two down & only two 3rd from bottom teams from 8 divisions go into a play-off.
Which is better than 2 down & 3rd & 4th bottom going to a play-off in all step 4 leagues.

At least I think that's what it saying.

A bit like the Tories changing the rules of the Standards Committee because one of their number has been found taking some serious wonga without declaring an interest in whom is giving it to him
And why???

It’s at times like this I do my erstwhile sparring partner Knutsfordian so I can see how he again tries to defend the indefensible ??

Tso get this back on topic - As far as I know Mr Corbyn doesn't work for the F.A.

Tso get this back on topic - As far as I know Mr Corbyn doesn't work for the F.A.
But I’m sure that somehow the Scummy right wing media will spin it in such a way that it is all the fault of the woke, snowflake lefties??

Back