Rammy tomorrow

• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Edge

Administrator
Forum Staff
Jun 24, 2013
Northwich
Team news from the Newsletter - a full squad available, apart from Harry Cain

James Wood

Too much time on my hands
Jun 1, 2017
Well it wasn't pretty but three points & a clean sheet will do for me.
Especially given the conditions.
And increased the gap between the bottom 5 and us. And win a Glossop next week + our game in hand and we could be looking at the top half! 👍

If anyone had offered me that at the start of the season I’d have snatched their hands off!

Briswa

Legend
Aug 9, 2015
An important win but very scrappy. Far too many passes going astray again. We were more direct against Prescot and looked better in that game I thought. We take far too long to get the ball forward when at home. But we did look sharper when Lee Knight came on. Thought Jonah excellent again. Poor attendance but football not very inspiring at home so far.

Jack Owen

Aug 4, 2013
Important win today, it needed a scrappy goal to win that game.

Poor crowd but given the Manc derby ending 30 mins before our kick off and the weather ill take 200+

Really hope people will start coming back now, concerning drops in our attendances.

Up the 74, see you all at Glossop!

Reactions: Greengage and Ben

Ben

Jul 28, 2013
A tight and scrappy game but the late goal was vital and the main thing is we got the win against a team around us in the league and move further away from the bottom area.

Two wins on the bounce (three wins in four and doubling our points tally we managed after 10 games) and we continue to beat the teams around us which is encouraging. All five of our wins so far have come against bottom half sides. Glossop away is another big one for us and if we can get three points in that one, yes we could be nearing the top half which I’m sure we would have taken at the start of the season. The more I watch us the more I think we’ll be fine and that we’ve now found our feet in this league! Well done again lads!

The only negative is the poor crowd. Yes home results haven’t been great and it was raining and there was a Manchester derby, but still disappointing all the same. We should be aiming for 250-300 at least. Prescot pulled in over 500 two weeks ago against us and they only have 8 points and sit third from bottom, so it can be done even when results aren’t always good. We certainly need to pick these gates up!

Last edited:

Greengage

Aug 17, 2021
Great win today, think we’re learning week by week and now know how to win games. Very well organised at the back and battling display in midfield. Nice finish by Matt which we just about deserved. Didn’t hear the gate but looked around 240, poor away following sadly. Think we’re averaging around 250….if every club brought the away following we take then we’d be nearer 350 and in the top half in terms of attendance. We’ve also been away every time there’s been an international break and we are again next Saturday. This hasn’t helped but that said it is disappointing that we haven’t had better gates….the team and club deserve it having embraced NPL life admirably. COYG

Jul 31, 2013
great 3 points and although a poor game we kept going and deserved the win
Lee Knight made a big difference today and should start in my opinion
keep it going lads !

pdw

Jul 28, 2013
I agree with the above but winsford /congleton had more than we did today, what has happened to our home crowds, away followings are not good take today for example did they have 20 here.
How do we get them back but we will still have a 100 or so at Glossop next week which is brilliant, hopefully get a few home wins to tempt some back.
thought we deserved the win today.
COYG

Reactions: Greengage and Ben

Briswa

Legend
Aug 9, 2015
If you are not winning and are playing poorly at home then afraid attendances will drop.
Until this season our home form has been good and I always feared this might happen if our results dropped. The keen supporters will always travel to home and away matches its the floaters and neutrals who will not.

Jack Owen

Aug 4, 2013
I agree with the above but winsford /congleton had more than we did today, what has happened to our home crowds, away followings are not good take today for example did they have 20 here.
How do we get them back but we will still have a 100 or so at Glossop next week which is brilliant, hopefully get a few home wins to tempt some back.
thought we deserved the win today.
COYG
Winsford’s crowds a weird one, they announced it as 110 on twitter but the NWCFL site has it down as 200+

James Wood

Jun 1, 2017
A tight and scrappy game but the late goal was vital and the main thing is we got the win against a team around us in the league and move further away from the bottom area.

Two wins on the bounce (three wins in four and doubling our points tally we managed after 10 games) and we continue to beat the teams around us which is encouraging. All five of our wins so far have come against bottom half sides. Glossop away is another big one for us and if we can get three points in that one, yes we could be nearing the top half which I’m sure we would have taken at the start of the season. The more I watch us the more I think we’ll be fine and that we’ve now found our feet in this league! Well done again lads!

The only negative is the poor crowd. Yes home results haven’t been great and it was raining and there was a Manchester derby, but still disappointing all the same. We should be aiming for 250-300 at least. Prescot pulled in over 500 two weeks ago against us and they only have 8 points and sit third from bottom, so it can be done even when results aren’t always good. We certainly need to pick these gates up!
Rammy’s take on the game. Fair summary IMHO

Alan Riding

I Live Here
Jul 31, 2013
Have to agree with everyone's comments about the match but one player absolutely stood out for me. Mark Jones was outstanding he was a major factor in us achieving yesterday.

A word again for Big T. Some really good saves and his confidence seems to be improving all the time. Just wished he'd shout more and organise the lads in front of him.

On to a big away day next week. See everyone there.