• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Promotion places for next season.

Nigel

Legend
5 5
Jul 31, 2013
I have just read this post on the NWCFL facebook page regarding promotion for next season. No idea if it is 100% or not.

" It's already sorted Ste. There's 14 leagues at Step 5 in England (NWCFL, NCEL, Northern League etc)
The top team in EVERY step 5 league will be automatically promoted to Step 4
The best 12 teams who finish as Runners Up across Step 5 based on points per game will also be promoted."

Points per game. We should see fewer games meandering out to draws as teams will be really pushing for those extra 2 points!

It's now been confirmed after a meeting at the weekend (see nwcfl news) that the promotion places are as mentioned in Nigel's post above. An extra promotion place up for grabs this year.
The knock on effect at the bottom end is a bit more brutal!!
Depending on who is relegated to this level from step 4, if any, it looks like a minimum of 4 teams and a maximum of 6 will down go into the first division at the end of this season, and between 5 & 7 could be relegated from div 1!
Looking ahead at suggestions, they are looking to do a north and south division at our step 6 so I would presume div 1 would disappear and be split and others would be accepted to make up the numbers thus saving anybody from relegation.
Interesting season ahead!

The promotion side of things is fair enough but how can you start a season not knowing how many teams are going to be relegated?

The promotion side of things is fair enough but how can you start a season not knowing how many teams are going to be relegated?
I'd work to the higher number, then come end of season, if you get a reprieve because less teams go down, then consider it a bonus!

In the same way you never know. The current rules are 3, but reprieves are always a possibility.

Difference is this time it's 6 down, with a high probability of reprieves.

Ah, the good old AGM Cup

Can see this being well attended next summer. They should sell tickets!

Seriously though it can't be good for non league football when the clubs are planning for the following season not knowing where they will be. I do appreciate though changes needed to be made, but not sure this is the best way. Time will tell!!

Reactions: Ben
At least the promotion rules are fairly straight forward.
Relegation should be something similar - bottom 3 & then the others based on points across all leagues.

We smashed AFC Liverpool yesterday with half a team out so I wouldn't worry about them too much. Linnets the team to beat for me this season.

Smashed!? I was expecting 6 or 7 nil!!..... 3-1 is hardly smashed!! o_O.

Not too bad though with only 5 and a 1/2 players;)
Funny, I've never seen half a player! :dead, and as usual, diverting from the actual fact that the original statement was inaccurate (although, something we are used to from Paul! o_O), and beating a team two leagues below you 3-1 is not seen as them being "smashed"!!.
Whose to say they didn't have half a team??....anyway, back on topic!

Last edited:
Funny, I've never seen half a player! :dead, and as usual, diverting from the actual fact that the original statement was inaccurate (although, something we are used to from Paul! o_O), and beating a team two leagues below you 3-1 is not seen as them being "smashed"!!.
Whose to say they didn't have half a team??....anyway, back on topic!
I couldn't make the game but apparently it could have easily been 6 or 7. Therefore 3-1 is being smashed if it should have been a lot more.

You claimed thrashing us in the mid Cheshire cup when we had our reserves out! :rolleyes: Lol :oops:

I couldn't make the game but apparently it could have easily been 6 or 7. Therefore 3-1 is being smashed if it should have been a lot more.

You claimed thrashing us in the mid Cheshire cup when we had our reserves out! :rolleyes: Lol :oops:
If's, buts, maybes!!..could have been and was, two completely different definitions in the dictionary!,
I doubt if "I" personally claimed any such thing, but beating a team from a league above 4-1, regardless of it personnel is more likely to be classed a thrashing! :cool:.
Nice to see you still can't resist our lure despite your claims of not returning....again, something else you've stayed that's not true!!!.:eek:......anyway, back on topic!

Last edited:
Back