• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Possible signing

Just found his twitter feed - @Stuwells7

Looks like he has signed for 1874 vics whoever they are :)

ex-Winsford, Witton, NVFC (1 game) & more recently Runcorn centre forward

and he's just been sent off!!!

Quite a debut.

Sets up a goal with a free kick, puts in an instrumental performance and then gets sent-off.

You couldn't write it!

I would like to see us sign a tall, experienced centre half with a bit of speed.
If we could steady the back four and stop some of the silly mistakes, we should be able to keep a clean sheet.
It might be a season to many for Lee Duckworth and we should bring in someone who can talk and organise the defence.

I think the back 2 are a good partnership, Duckworth has impressed me in the games I've seen this season and his understanding with Thomas is very good and with Bowyer (i think thats him, tall blonde lad) in reserve its more than capable.

I think the squad has all the ingredients to have a successful year. Is promotion a step too far for the team, I hope not.

Id like to see a dominant centre midfielder. We seem too nice at times and get bullied.

Our captain is far too quiet and although he scored a great goal Wed I just dont think he contributes enough. The new blonde lad did ok with him, but the jury is still out until we see more.

Have faith....look at this potential line up
1-Conkie
2-Mitchell
3-Duckworth
4-Thomas
5-?
6-Jones
7-Foy
8-Bailey
9-Brandon
10-Shannon
11-Wellstead
12-McGregor

Pretty well (apart from a missing centre half) the Winsford United team that finished near the top of the NWCL Prem division a couple or so years ago!
It will come! Oh and if you want to see some potential future signings have a look at Winsfords website, click on teams, then players and finally look at the pics for 2010/11 and 2011/12....you will see all of the above as well!

Exactly my point. The play we have seen so far has been fantastic and once this team gets some consistency it will surely achieve the results we all strive for as fans.

The team has a strong experienced spine with Matthew, Lee, Adam and Michael. With the youth and energy around them then this could be a historic season.

Lets get behind the players and not have hidden agendas on here!

In Ian we trust, bit like Moyes!

Can't see any hidden agendas ... or is that because they are hidden? ;)

Back