• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Pitch Inspection 4pm v Altrincham (Game On)

pdw

Too much time on my hands
Jul 28, 2013
There is a pitch inspection arranged for 4pm 1874 Twitter states.
Would like to think it is on as Winsford played Saturday and we have had no rain since, However we will see so might see you all tonight.

The Winsford home game against Warrington in the Cheshire Senior cup was postponed last night because of frozen pitch! I fear the worst, but fingers crossed that the game is on as we cannot afford to have many more postonements.

Pitch is not frozen it’s just soft and very heavy having been working on it this morning I would say the will be on if dose not rain but all know how fussy ref can be

Will it be a local ref inspecting the pitch at 4 pm or the match ref? I would be more confident that the game is on if the match ref is going to be inspecting the pitch at 4 p.m.

Hope it's on as I've got a mate who's an Alty fan so hope we stuff them lol

Good news, let's hope it stays on. We need to get these games played. I'd like to see a few players rested tonight and Thursday.

Good news, let's hope it stays on. We need to get these games played. I'd like to see a few players rested tonight and Thursday.

I think that will be the case as a lot to ask for after Sunday's heroics. Scott McGowan for instance runs his socks off every game but the amount of games we have is asking too much. I think common sense will be used. Still want to win every game though :);):scarf:

Reactions: Ben
Yeah me too :), but I think we have got to rotate our squad and prioritise certain games.

Always good to be competing on all fronts and winning games as it breeds confidence, but we have got a lot of matches to play and maybe freeing up a few more midweek slots for league games wouldn't be such a bad thing. ;) :scarf:

Yeah me too :), but I think we have got to rotate our squad and prioritise certain games.

Always good to be competing on all fronts and winning games as it breeds confidence, but we have got a lot of matches to play and maybe freeing up a few more midweek slots for league games wouldn't be such a bad thing. ;) :scarf:
Thought we competed well with several team changes against a strong Alty side.We stood little chance, though, with the appalling performance from the man in the middle. We have had some bad ones recently - this one was by far the worst. If he judges Kyle's tackle to be a red, why not the same sanction for the 2nd half challenge from the Alty player who only got a yellow ? What was potentially a competitive game ruined by an inconsistent and, dare I say, incompetent official . Quite how he missed the blatant foul in midfield before Alty scored their second Goal is a mystery. A difficult game made almost impossible to win with the performance of the man in black.

Well where do you start❓
Alty probably deserved the win, quicker, bigger & stronger, but given a big hand by the worst officials I've seen in a long time

Kyle's Red - a foul but didn't dive in, studs were down and probably a yellow.
On the NPL Facebook group a Farsley fan was complianing about Alty getting one of their players sent of the other day. I can see what they meant.

Second goal was a blatant foul on Adam, but linesman was only able to flag for subs.

Ah well, go again Thursday.

Looking at it, it was a Strong Alty team V a much changed 1874 team.

Sounds like we competed well, and were unlucky with the second goal.

Well, shame to go out, but it’s atleast eases the fixture jame, even it only slightly.

I thought that the lads competed well against such a strong Alty side and going out of this competition isn't the end of the world by any means for us.

I saw something tonight that I never EVER thought that I would see, that clown in the black made the idiot that we had a few years back away at Runcorn Town look like a genius and managed to go from completely stupid at the start of the game to blatantly taking the p*ss by the end of it, he honestly shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a football pitch at any level ever again, unbelievable.

Thought the lads did well considering and never gave up, 11 v 11 we would have given them a game, not that bothered to go out
See you all thursday

He's the highest ranked official we've ever had. Reffed championship games at Blackburn & Notts Forest.

I have no clue how either.

The general standard of refereeing is shocking. The officials were poor on Sunday to say the least, seems to be most games tbh!

Shame we went out tonight but probably not a bad thing with the amount of games we have to play. Will free up some midweek slots for us hopefully. Wouldn't lose too much sleep over getting knocked out of the Mid Cheshire (get we've won it twice though) and Macron cups either being honest. FA Vase and the league should be our priority for me.

Last edited:
Always thought we should put better teams on the field for important cup games in competitions we have a chance of winning or making money in.
Fa cup is the big earner, after that size wise for me, vase then league cup. Dont really care about county cups. Chances of winning csc are slim to say the least and though the mid ches has been fun to win its hardly a mega cup only worth risking players if we dont have bigger fish to fry!
Think the management have got it spot on so far with selection.
Just a shame when we need bodies one of our other forwards when he finally gets a run out ends up banned for 3!!
On to Thursday.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Ben
Back