• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Padiham 0 1874 2

Great win today at a difficult place to go and in awful conditions.

We looked far more solid at the back and controlled the game. If it weren’t for their stand-in keeper, we would have won more comfortably.

Good to see Mitch back and I thought Ash Woods had a decent game. A good way to bounce back from the Squires Gate match. More of the same on Tuesday please!

Yes, a great way to respond from Tuesday.

Not the most flowing football you will see but a great well fought win and you have to do that sometimes. The conditions were awful and dictated the game.

Much more covering each other at the back and Tony with some good punches and a great first half save contributed to a very pleasing solid clean sheet. Great to see Paul Connor slotting in well and looking so comfortable in the full back role and Mitch coming in later in the game did well under late pressure from the hosts.

Some other good performances from Ashley Woods, who never stopped and Harry who in the conditions showed flair and positivity. They lost their goalie before the start but their stand in did really well. I hope he is ok after slipping on the concrete steps walking to the pitch.

This was certainly a step in the right direction against a reasonable team in Padiham.

On to the FA Cup giantkillers on Tuesday who I am sure will present a sterner test. See everyone there!

Last edited:
Missed 3 games gone year, and they’ve all been good wins. Thinking I might be the Bad luck :D

Highlights from the game

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Back