• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Our volunteers

Vicki England

Too much time on my hands
1874 Official
Jul 31, 2013
I have been reflecting on how far we have come since 15 November, the day we voted to start our own club. Wow what a ride! The reason why we have got to this point is, not only thanks to our supporters, but also thanks to our brilliant volunteers.

Our Board members are all die hard fans and volunteers, not one single person gets paid. They buy their season tickets and programmes like everyone else. Toddy grabs them to put their hands in their wallets to buy raffle tickets etc. They work long hours to make sure the club is on track (I know this as emails are sent at 6 in the morning through to 1am the following day!)

We have people who have volunteered to make match day run smoothly, operating the turnstiles, looking after officials and sponsors, selling programmes, selling tickets, stewarding, announcing and sorting the kit out. We have around 10 youngsters who want to be ball boys and girls....fantastic!

We have an amazing set of dedicated fans who man the shop in town and at the ground. They put themselves out to make sure that when we say we will open, we do. They go out of their way to meet and greet customers, take orders and promote our club.

Volunteers have also played their part in building links with our local businesses, getting out and about to secure sponsorship.

The social side, bringing fans together and raising much needed funds is pushed on by our volunteers.

We have volunteers who are busy writing articles and gathering information for our excellent programme, no easy task. They also help to man our social media sites, setting up an independent fans forum and they make sure that other sites have content on them. We have a number of fans who produce match previews and reports.

On Sunday mornings over the last couple of months, through burning hot sun and rain, you will find lads and lasses painting, weeding and carrying out maintenance jobs at the ground.

Community spirit is an important part of what we are about and our fantastic volunteers are getting involved in local projects and fundraising for worthy charities, all in the name of 1874.

I know I have missed others out.

Thanks folks, this truly is a fans club.

I have been reflecting on how far we have come since 15 November, the day we voted to start our own club. Wow what a ride! The reason why we have got to this point is, not only thanks to our supporters, but also thanks to our brilliant volunteers.

Our Board members are all die hard fans and volunteers, not one single person gets paid. They buy their season tickets and programmes like everyone else. Toddy grabs them to put their hands in their wallets to buy raffle tickets etc. They work long hours to make sure the club is on track (I know this as emails are sent at 6 in the morning through to 1am the following day!)

We have people who have volunteered to make match day run smoothly, operating the turnstiles, looking after officials and sponsors, selling programmes, selling tickets, stewarding, announcing and sorting the kit out. We have around 10 youngsters who want to be ball boys and girls....fantastic!

We have an amazing set of dedicated fans who man the shop in town and at the ground. They put themselves out to make sure that when we say we will open, we do. They go out of their way to meet and greet customers, take orders and promote our club.

Volunteers have also played their part in building links with our local businesses, getting out and about to secure sponsorship.

The social side, bringing fans together and raising much needed funds is pushed on by our volunteers.

We have volunteers who are busy writing articles and gathering information for our excellent programme, no easy task. They also help to man our social media sites, setting up an independent fans forum and they make sure that other sites have content on them. We have a number of fans who produce match previews and reports.

On Sunday mornings over the last couple of months, through burning hot sun and rain, you will find lads and lasses painting, weeding and carrying out maintenance jobs at the ground.

Community spirit is an important part of what we are about and our fantastic volunteers are getting involved in local projects and fundraising for worthy charities, all in the name of 1874.

I know I have missed others out.

Thanks folks, this truly is a fans club.

Vicki,

And so say all of us !!.

Back