• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Oldham

300, yeah I'm going to be that guy, like the guy on the price is right would either go one pound over or under the first guess

Goes without saying but I think with this being the first meaningful competitive fixture I think we could get close to 400?
Game will be a toughie though. Oldham will be well up for it and "opening night" nerves could play a part, lets just give the lads a rousing reception and get behind 'em for the full 90.

Hopefully a similar attendance to the Lostock game. It will be a great day regardless!

I would hope for at least 300 for a first ever competitive fixture.

Pre-season attendances have been encouraging.

I'm really am looking forward to this game, it's great to be finally underway in the league and hopefully we can get off to a winning start. For the attendance I think they be a decent 250+ their which would be brilliant to start us off. If we get anything higher then that then that would be a bonus. Up the 1874 :)

I should also point out that our opponents on Saturday had a training session with Stuart Pearce tonight ahead of our game.

I'm off to sea tomorrow so I shall miss the first two weeks of the season but I fully expect to come back to find us heading the league for a better reason than having a name that starts with a number.

Good luck!

If we get over 300 it will surely be beyond the wildest dreams of any expectations we had when the club was set up in November? What an achievement that would be.

Seriously think 400 is realistic (and I am renowned for pouring cold water on others' high expectations) - there are a lot of neutrals and groundhopping fraternity out there who will have targeted this game as a 'must see'. It won't necessarily be a pointer to future attendances, but it might encourage the part-timers to stick with it and the still-not-convinced to give it a go.

Alex, it really is time you sorted your summer holiday dates out once and for all !!!! YET AGAIN I'm having to attend the opening game of the season without you.......
Will keep you and Ol updated so keep your eyes on your phones in between roller coaster rides.

Alex, it really is time you sorted your summer holiday dates out once and for all !!!! YET AGAIN I'm having to attend the opening game of the season without you.......
Will keep you and Ol updated so keep your eyes on your phones in between roller coaster rides.
I don't understand what the problem is? Blackpool is only a one hour drive away....

The last time I felt this happy, nervous, excited, sick........was on my wedding day!!!

Back