• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

NWCFL Tonight

Went to the Bootle v City of Liverpool "friendly" tonight. Finished 3-3 which overall was probably right. After withstanding a first 15 mins of constant pressure Bootle went 2-0 up and were coasting by half time. Second half brought lots of changes which evened it up and C of L scored two nice goals. A deflected cross which gave Bootle a tap in and a late penalty evened it up.

Certainly more control and quality from Bootle but the crowd certainly got behind C of L when they scored and carried an average team through for a deserved draw. Mitch played all the first half, had a rest then came on for the last 25 mins. Did ok but with a defensive partner in the first half showed that there was huge gaps between them (Sorry Mitch if you are reading) which Bootle exploited.

Bootle will be up there for certain as they will score goals, C of L have a crowd behind them and useful players but they are beatable especially away from home, they are nothing special on tonight's evidence.

Went to the top of the table clash tonight to see Linnets lose for the fourth time this season. I must be their lucky charm!

First half fairly even with Richie Mottram making a cracking save early on and then Linnets hit the post from the corner. After that Widnes just about deserved their lead at half time. The second half was all Linnets with Richie making lots of saves. When Linnets did score about 20 mins from the end you thought they would win. Somehow Widnes kept them out and in injury time on one of the rare occasions they got in Linnets half the ref awarded a definite penalty which was duly dispatched.
This now leaves us with a slightly better chance of the league but Widnes who have played 15 games, yes 15 more than us are also catchable in second.

Good result for us tonight at Runcorn Town. Squires Gate winning there brings us closer to the top!
Didn't go so no report. Building up my brownie points with Mrs Riding before I am out every night in the next few weeks!

Currently on our season “run in” :rolleyes: we still can afford three defeats without losing ground on our promotion rivals.
IF we can get wins against Runcorn and Charnock in the next couple of weeks, we help our cause further.
........ could we ..... could we ...... could we really pull it off ? :)

Good results in the league for us yesterday with, Linnets, Bootle and Charnock all drawing. Recent results from Squires Gate and Ashton really does show how well we played against them recently so runners up can be realistically achieved and champions is a long shot but I did have a 25-1 winner at Cheltenham!

So in our biggest week so far who do the management pick for Tuesday's game? I would go strong but change possibly 4 players.

Tough choice for the managers Tuesday. Still in with a good shout for the vase second leg but need to put a reasonably decent team to keep in touch in the league leaders.........who'd be a manager!!??
On the flip side, there's plenty of teams who have nothing to play for already this season who would love swap places with us!!
I haven't seen a game at Winsford since dec 23rd thanks to work and postponements when i've been off!
Come on weather, give me a break!!! o_O.

Good entertainment tonight was on offer at The Barton Stadium with Winsford drawing with our rivals Charnock. 3-3 the score with again Grimshaw scoring 3 for Charnock.
He finds space so easy and his team are always looking for him. Two great finishes and a tap in.
That said Winsford never gave up and really went for it and did have most of the game.
Great result for us with another promotion chasing team dropping points.

Back