• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Now then!

Not bad today weren't it!!!!

Have to say, you wouldn't have thought they were 3 leagues above us. I know North Ferriby haven't been in great shape recently both on and off the pitch, but you can't take anything away from us. We battled away, made it difficult for them, stopped them from creating anything. Did Greg Hall make a save? Anyone? We also created quite a few good chances, one of which their keeper made a fantastic save from. It was great to see the team really take it to a side that on paper should've beaten us and should've done so comfortably, but looked like a decent NWC side at best at times and even worse at others, but that was more to do with us making them look so. Everyone played their part, but a special mention goes to Woolley, he was a pain the backside for them whenever they were trying (and failing) to attack, offered so much protection to the defence and it made their job easier and helped us put more of our efforts towards attacking their goal, which could've quite easily been proven difficult against higher ranked opposition.

Fantastic from all concerned in terms of playing and coaching staff, but the fans as well were great. A couple of the players after the game mentioned how much the support helped them give a little extra and said how it'll do the same in future games.

Also, 2 games away from the first round proper, doesn't sound bad does it? If we're including the fact that Spurs play at Wembley for the season, we're 4 games away from Wembley, sounds even better that! ;)

Not bad at all for my first game of the season! (And for those greeting me with a groan before the game may I point out I am undefeated in cup games)

They were poor - I've seen a few NWC sides who'd give them a run for their money on that performance - but that should not detract from the fact that we also made sure they looked poor, particularly in the first half. I was impressed with the calmness in defence, playing the ball out rather than just clearing it, and Danny Meadowcroft didn't give that centre forward a sniff all afternoon, and some of the movement up front had their central defenders flummoxed. Then with Matt Woolley and Sam Hind chasing everything down in between I don't think NF stood much of a chance.

Well done to everyone both on and off the pitch (even if you have cost me by keeping a clean sheet).

There's a bit of a write up and lots of pics from a groundhopper here ...
https://footballontheroad.wordpress...-north-ferriby-utd/comment-page-1/#comment-23

Another solid performance from the lads yesterday. We were brilliant defensively, dominated the midfield and looked better going forward. Overall, we were the better team and deserved to win. You wouldn't have thought there was three leagues between the teams. They were very poor, but not taking anything away from us, as we were excellent again.

Just so proud of this team and what they've achieved. A big well done again to the lads and management and bring on whoever in the next round! :scarf:

I watched Vics as a lad and later on in life i was an Everton season ticket holder.
I`m enjoying football more than ever and the fact i`ve got my son interested is a massive bonus...
Also my dad didn`t want to come the first game we played but he too now is passionate... Up the 74!!!!

Really pleased for all involved to get to this stage and to have beaten a poor NFU team that, on that showing and form to date, will be relegated come the end of the season unless their fortunes change dramatically and soon.
Deserved victory no matter how scrappy the goal was. A couple of Scotty's efforts, against a weaker keeper would have gone in.
We've got to be realistic now and we have probably gone as far as we can (hope that I am wrong) and whoever we get, even Ashton will be difficult. That said, the easiest tie on paper would be Ashton as they are the same level as us but I would rather a bit tie away from home - FC United, Stockport County or York City for a chance of a big gate and selfishley monetory reasons.

yes brilliant display yesterday and what an achievement, I also think we need stockport or fcum away for purely financial reasons.
a good crowd as well considering they probably didn't have 15 with them.
didn't think the subs showed anything yesterday and we were weaker as a result, Hopefully mark jones will be back soon and was good to see him. Apart from that all good
anyway see you all tomorrow

Do you still think we made the wrong decision getting rid of Street??
I can't emphasise enough how much better we are this season as a team. We're great to watch and I look forward to and enjoy games now, plus the crowds are starting to creep up again as a direct result of this.

Also, the likes of McGowan and Wooley, two players who Street didn't get the best out of or start on many occassions, are now on absolute fire. Change of management has been totally vindicated.

PS - Our average attendance counting cup games -326. Quite a bit up on last season.

Last edited:
Back