• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

North West Counties League attendances

Blackie

Too much time on my hands
Aug 5, 2013
Report from the offical nwcl.com:

With the new NWCFL season already a week old, we have seen a dramatic increase in the number of supporters through the turnstiles with a 31 per cent increase compared to the opening week last term, despite there being less games played so far.
In total, almost 4,500 people have watched games within the NWCFL. Although the figures have been boosted by the arrival of the newly formed fan-based club 1874 Northwich, a number of clubs have already reported a significant increase in interest in football at Step’s 5 and 6, with attendances double those seen last year.

Maybe we will start to see more fans watching non league due to being priced out at the top level and being put off by players earning too much.

I really hope so. The effort made by people at this club has been amazing.
Im enjoying watching local football again and look forward to matchdays with an excitemant i haven't had for years!!

Not taking anything away from our superb efforts, it may change at other clubs when the Evostick & Conference get started

Not taking anything away from our superb efforts, it may change at other clubs when the Evostick & Conference get started
I doubt other non-league games will influence our attendances too much.

490 was exceptional, but I expect some will have come for the novelty of the first ever game, others will go off to watch the City's, United's, Stokes, Crewe's etc when the league season starts.:(

If we can keep around the 300 plus mark I think it will be a job well done for the first season.;)
And who knows, once Mr Rushe has put the final nail in Vics coffin (which he will), maybe a few of the lost souls will realise what a great little club we're building here. :scarf:

Back