• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

North Ferriby

The application to drag the club away from its home and change its name has been rejected by the NPL ...

all for the sake of £7000 ... a sad state of affairs

I suspect that the £7K debt was just the one that lead to the court hearing rather than being the sum of everything they owed. Agreed though, all very sad - was a really good club

Ambitions of the owner were never really shared in sufficient numbers by the fanbase. Relocation was always going to be a non-starter and there were limitations on the numbers the club were likely to get through the gate in what essentially is a village base with a Championship club on its doorstep. Feel for the genuine fans who’ve lost their club or at least now have the massive task of trying to rise from the ashes of yesterday’s judgement.

Been to Ferriby a few times and basically its a village team that was really successful. The ground was just at the end of the local park and I would imagine it started on what was a local park pitch. There was never enough people in Ferriby to support a team at conference level, so what the thinking was I just don't understand. That said its a real shame that the team has gone - lovely folks there

Yes that was my impression when I made my (admittedly) one and only visit there.

More detail on their demise here - it seems there were probably other historical debts lurking in the shadows ...

Dodgy businessmen, hidden debts, amoral behaviour, where have I heard that before?

Fortunately for us it is all behind us.

Back