• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Next season restart

Edge

Administrator
Forum Staff
5 Game Player
Jun 24, 2013
Saw a tweet from Ollie Bayliss - Presenter of The Non-League Show, Football Commentator & Journalist at BBC Three Counties Radio

"The NWCFL (Steps 5&6) has told clubs that starting on Sept 1st is "most unlikely". They say some clubs have concerns about implementing new guidelines. They believe it’s unlikely that all steps will start together as “Steps 1-4 have far more resources than those in our League”.

Have seen a tweet today by the same person making the veiled suggestion it might be mid-September. Didn’t detail which Steps might be involved. As ever we will await feedback from the League Management for the ‘counties I guess?

Well Boris has said from October, he said audiences will be able to return to stadia for sports..

Well Boris has said from October, he said audiences will be able to return to stadia for sports..
And of course he has been spot on on all his other Covid announcements! I know I would not go near a major sports arena by then - but there again my wife is very vunerable.

In order for fans to return to stadiums, the government has outlined operating guidelines that state:

• Fans must agree to a new code of behaviour that includes not attending if they potentially have symptoms of coronavirus or have been exposed to a person who has tested positive;
  • Social distancing must be observed in seating arrangements;
  • Crowd management plans should be in place, including the controlled entry and exit of fans and one-way systems;
  • Additional hygiene facilities should be installed inside venues, particularly at entrances and exits;
  • Screening procedures should be considered at stadium entrances.

Behind closed door friendlies & maybe a September start after all

And the non-league paper has tweeted these dates

Planned dates (subject to change)
FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round: Tuesday, 1st September 2020
FA Cup Preliminary Round: Saturday, 12th September 2020
FA Cup 1st Qualifying Round: Tuesday, 22nd September 2020

FA Vase 1st Qualifying Round: Saturday, 19th September 2020
FA Vase 2nd Qualifying Round: Saturday, 10th October 2020

And the non-league paper has tweeted these dates

Planned dates (subject to change)
FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round: Tuesday, 1st September 2020
FA Cup Preliminary Round: Saturday, 12th September 2020
FA Cup 1st Qualifying Round: Tuesday, 22nd September 2020

FA Vase 1st Qualifying Round: Saturday, 19th September 2020
FA Vase 2nd Qualifying Round: Saturday, 10th October 2020

Steps 5 & 6 Leagues have a proposed restart date of Saturday 5 September 2020.
GE

FA Cup ties before the league season begins ......interesting.

Theoretically we could have the initial draw for the 2020/2021 competition before the 2020 final has been played :confused:

They need to decide who is taking part in the FA Cup and Vase as usually it is decided on the previous year's final tables.

We'll be fine but the NWCL Div 1 teams and a few step 6 won't know. PPG on last years non event? Wouldn't that be ironic.!!!

Here's the full guidance..

Attachments

• detailed-covid-19-guidance-on-re-starting-competitive-grassroots-football.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 33
Some interesting comments on Twitter from Paul Lawler last night (https://twitter.com/paullawler)

Although @nwcfl can start from 5 Sept, this is highly unlikely and we won’t be starting without fans. At the moment we are working towards an Oct 3rd start but I still think this is ambitious given the current DCMS stance.

In planning the fixtures we will make provision for moving them forward into September but we cannot issue any fixtures until higher leagues do, due to groundshares, fixture clashes etc. At the moment there is no chance of producing them. This also has an impact on lower leagues.

it's crazy that you can go to a pub or restaurant and not wear a mask but not goto a non league game.

A Charnock player has tested positive for Covid.
I can't see the FA Cup starting with fans - if it even starts. I wouldn't be surprised if the qualifying rounds are scrapped.

If he has been involved in any of their friendlies (Chorley the other night?) then presumably that’ll impact on them too?
Obviously a concern for the club and doubtless the league might well wish to take pre-emotive action, but as things stand it doesn’t necessarily impact on the other member clubs. Or am I being too simplistic?

FA Cup first match maybe only 2 weeks away
This could be the first time we play a game where the fans don’t know who is in the squad
Hopefully most players have been retained but it would be nice to see who else has joined the club

FA Cup first match maybe only 2 weeks away
This could be the first time we play a game where the fans don’t know who is in the squad
Hopefully most players have been retained but it would be nice to see who else has joined the club

All is in hand Graham. You know the drill, nothing is reality until they actually sign on the dotted line.

According to Ollie Baylis there is a meeting between the FA and Step 5 & 6 league secretaries on the 17th (day before FA Cup draw) to discuss the latest state of play - although the actual agenda being discussed is not that clear.lF23E56AB-F393-4CB1-A9AF-CE18E5B4A246.jpeg

Last edited:
Back