• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Newcastle Town - Tuesday 29th March

richard webb

I Live Here
Aug 7, 2013
Info on Newcastle Town is as for original match. As far as I can see both the pubs below are more restaurant than pub. The Gatehouse is Greene King but I can find nothing of beer at the Orange Tree.

ClubNewcastle Town
Game DateSaturday 19th February
Game time3.00pm
Ground addressRed Industries Stadium, Newcastle, Staffordshire, ST5 3BX
Home coloursBlue shirts and shorts, white socks
DirectionsFrom Northwich. 31 miles 40 minutes. King st to Middlewich, M6 to J15. At roundabout take 1st exit A519N Newcastle (Clayton Road). After approx. 1.25 miles turn right at roundabout into Stafford Ave. After 300 yds turn left into Tittensor Rd (sp to ground) and becomes Buckmaster Ave. Shortly on the right there is another ground sp taking you through a fence into Lye Valley parkway. This will lead you to the ground and car park.
Parking facilitiesAt ground
Railway stationStoke on Trent
BusFrom Stoke 25 to Cherry Tree PH then 1 mile walk.
Admission Prices£9, Concessions £6, U16 free if accompanied by an adult
Programme priceFree but on line
Disabled access and toiletsYes and also into the club.
CarersAre carers for disabled fans allowed in free? YES
Food at groundYes two outlets serving hot food and drinks as well as confectionary and cold drinks.
Drinks at groundIs it bottled/canned or draught, and if the latter is it on hand pumps? Draught bitters and lagers + bottles and spirits.
Local restaurantsThe Orange Tree Pub and the Gatehouse Pub – both serve food. Both 800 metres.
Are dogs allowedNo only guide dogs and help dogs.
Local pubsThe Orange Tree and The Gatehouse (on route from the M6 to the ground.
Local places of interestNone really in the vicinity of the ground.

Last edited:
Info on Newcastle Town is as for original match. As far as I can see both the pubs below are more restaurant than pub. The Gatehouse is Greene King but I can find nothing of beer at the Orange Tree.

ClubNewcastle Town
Game DateSaturday 19th February
Game time3.00pm
Ground addressRed Industries Stadium, Newcastle, Staffordshire, ST5 3BX
Home coloursBlue shirts and shorts, white socks
DirectionsFrom Northwich. 31 miles 40 minutes. King st to Middlewich, M6 to J15. At roundabout take 1st exit A519N Newcastle (Clayton Road). After approx. 1.25 miles turn right at roundabout into Stafford Ave. After 300 yds turn left into Tittensor Rd (sp to ground) and becomes Buckmaster Ave. Shortly on the right there is another ground sp taking you through a fence into Lye Valley parkway. This will lead you to the ground and car park.
Parking facilitiesAt ground
Railway stationStoke on Trent
BusFrom Stoke 25 to Cherry Tree PH then 1 mile walk.
Admission Prices£9, Concessions £6, U16 free if accompanied by an adult
Programme priceFree but on line
Disabled access and toiletsYes and also into the club.
CarersAre carers for disabled fans allowed in free? YES
Food at groundYes two outlets serving hot food and drinks as well as confectionary and cold drinks.
Drinks at groundIs it bottled/canned or draught, and if the latter is it on hand pumps? Draught bitters and lagers + bottles and spirits.
Local restaurantsThe Orange Tree Pub and the Gatehouse Pub – both serve food. Both 800 metres.
Are dogs allowedNo only guide dogs and help dogs.
Local pubsThe Orange Tree and The Gatehouse (on route from the M6 to the ground.
Local places of interestNone really in the vicinity of the ground.
Wasn’t there but a win that makes it almost certain that we’ll be playing at this level next season?

Looking increasingly like we’ll be playing Albion too.

Vics the league ??

Gutted I couldn’t make it but a huge huge win against a direct rival. Doesn’t matter how we do it.

A win that takes us to the golden 40 points mark and surely all but secures our position in this league next season. We should rightly be proud.

Fair to say I’m buzzing :scarf::scarf::scarf:

Last edited:
Lucky you didn’t go. It was a terrible game to watch. Full of mistakes and as far as we were concerned complete lack of attacking prowess.
All the near misses were in our penalty area. So a shock when we took the lead. The only bit of skill in the whole match. Great corner from Hare and superb header from Fenton who played really well again.
Despite a very poor performance I’m delighted with the win which hopefully means safety !

Lucky you didn’t go. It was a terrible game to watch.
Would have been worth going just to see the goal and win. Doesn’t really matter how we win them at this stage of the season. Important thing is we won and that’s seven points from three games exactly when we needed it. The win all but keeps us up and we still have the bottom two to play.

Sitting nicely in 13th with 40 points and five games still to play, which is a great effort in our first season at this level. We really couldn’t have asked any more in my opinion.

Last edited:
Excellent win tonight and dogged performance against a side below us that were desperate for the points. Newcastle battled hard and had more chances on a very difficult bumpy pitch in a big soulless stadium, despite a 150 + strong green army. The balance of play changed after the hour mark as 74 came more and more into the game. The goal came immediately after a stunning header from Jonah, again from a corner that was somehow tipped over the bar. The result was another fabulous corner that was met by a thumping header from Matty Fenton that sent the green army wild.
The magical 40 points has been achieved….well done everyone of you, a truly magnificent effort and one that gives us real optimism for next season. COYG

Excellent win tonight and dogged performance against a side below us that were desperate for the points. Newcastle battled hard and had more chances on a very difficult bumpy pitch in a big soulless stadium, despite a 150 + strong green army. The balance of play changed after the hour mark as 74 came more and more into the game. The goal came immediately after a stunning header from Jonah, again from a corner that was somehow tipped over the bar. The result was another fabulous corner that was met by a thumping header from Matty Fenton that sent the green army wild.
The magical 40 points has been achieved….well done everyone of you, a truly magnificent effort and one that gives us real optimism for next season. COYG
Somehow tipped over the bar? The goalie appeared ready to catch it comfortably when the defender headed it over! As you say those 2 headers by Jonah and Matty were our only efforts on goal. Nothing got near to Scotty or Jamie in attacking positions.
Joe Wooley looked good sgain last night and i was surprised he was subbed and Kenzie left on.
But as said above, it was another important 3 points. Oh yes, grest save by Tony early on when he hooked a ball out which seemed to be past him.

Pretty much agree with all the above, a game low on quality but taking the 3 points back up the M6 was the aim, another great following and hopefully a good home performance coming on saturday, lets hope for a decent crowd as we haven't played there for a month.
See you all saturday.

Somehow tipped over the bar? The goalie appeared ready to catch it comfortably when the defender headed it over! As you say those 2 headers by Jonah and Matty were our only efforts on goal. Nothing got near to Scotty or Jamie in attacking positions.
Joe Wooley looked good sgain last night and i was surprised he was subbed and Kenzie left on.
But as said above, it was another important 3 points. Oh yes, grest save by Tony early on when he hooked a ball out which seemed to be past him.
Fair enough. From where I was it looked like Tony tipped it over…that said it was from distance in a giant bowl of a stadium

Fantastic support last night, really turned out in good numbers. Just been watching the footage back and the roar when we scored was ace! :scarf:

I'm really proud of how we all turn out for our team at away grounds. I know most teams don't reciprocate, but it's what we do for our lads that counts.

1st clean sheet since the 22nd Jan as well.

Reactions: Tez
Back