• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Mossley info 23rd April

richard webb

I Live Here
Aug 7, 2013
Info on Mossley is below, hopefully see you there.

Application for:
ClubMossley
Game DateSaturday 23rd April
Game time3.00pm
Ground addressSeel Park, Market Street, Mossley, Lancashire, OL5 0ES
Home coloursWhite shirts, black shorts and socks
DirectionsFrom Northwich, approx. 35miles and one hour. Exit M60 J23 following A635 Ashton-under-Lyne then A670 to Mossley. After approximately 2.5 miles drop down the hill into Mossley town centre. Passing supermarket on left turn right before the traffic lights (SP George Lawton Hall). Continue up the hill and left onto Market Street. Ground is approx. 200 yards on the left next to the Highland Laddie pub (not CAMRA listed).
Parking facilitiesOn road
Railway stationMossley (10 minutes walk)
BusBus: - 350 from Ashton Bus Station - every 20 mins to Market Street, Mossley (2 minute walk to the ground)
Admission PricesAdults: £8. Concessions/OAP/Students: £5. 16-17s: £2. Children: £1
Programme price£2
Disabled access and toiletsAccess is through the social club where disabled toilets are.
CarersCarers allowed in free with disabled.
Food at groundRefreshment hut in ground serving Pies, Burgers, Chips and a variety of beverages
Drinks at groundThe Social Club sells a vast range of canned, bottled and draught beers, but not 100% sure if any are on hand pumps
Are dogs allowedAssistance dogs only
Local restaurantsNot open until evening, although some pubs incl Gillery serve food.
Local pubsCAMRA (Pub Guide - High Peak, Tameside & North East Cheshire CAMRA) lists 12 outlets in Mossley. Nearest to the ground is the Fleece (free house/Donkeystone) and the most interesting look to include the Gillery (free house with local beers from Millstone and Donkeystone breweries) which is 1 of 4 close to the station.
Local places of interestHuddersfield Narrow Canal, Dovestones Reservoir, Hartshead Pike
AcknowledgementsCAMRA, John Wharmby (Mossley FC)

Just a word of warning for those travelling by train. There’s a bloody steep hill between the station and ground!

The plus side of going by train is that if you plan your trip well, then there should be plenty of time to stop off at the famous Stalybridge station bar!

A one-nil defeat to end the season & a red card for Cal.

red card looked to be a blatant con by the no 4 to me. wind spoilt any chances of a good game.

red card looked to be a blatant con by the no 4 to me. wind spoilt any chances of a good game.
It's hard to tell from the VEO footage. Cal swings his arm but how much contact there was is tricky to work out.
I can't see an appeal succeeding though.

It's hard to tell from the VEO footage. Cal swings his arm but how much contact there was is tricky to work out.
I can't see an appeal succeeding though.
I completely agree with you. Personally, and of course I am prejudiced supporting 74, I saw their bloke holding onto Callum's left arm to prevent him chasing the ball, Callum shrug his shoulders and the bloke go down. But the footage suggests he may have had a reason for doing so! And I also understand why their spectator who came storming into argue with us was so annoyed if he saw it from that angle. If the ref saw it he must also have seen the original holding on, but he probably could not take that into account. And it was as usual a miraculous recovery. It was so much easier to ref rugby, players did not dive so much and I turned a blind eye to immediate and unharmful retribution!

A poor end of the season game spoilt by the wind. Neither team deserved to win. Thought the red would have been a yellow at the most had their no. 4 not been so dramatic, no need for him to react that way. A great season overall and a big learning curve. 170 travelling fans made the gate a decent end of season crowd…COYG

Can’t add much more to what’s already been said. Poor game spoilt by the wind. Neither team deserved to win. Job was done though and nothing really to play for. Thought Mossley was a proper non league ground, the kind I enjoy going to.

Nice end of season celebrations for Phil and the team and good to see fans stay behind at the end to give them the recognition they deserve for what has been a solid first campaign at NPL level.

Back